Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING

YUCK!!! I feel so horrible! I had forgotten how miserable I felt when I kept eating after I was no longer hungry.....

A new Chick-Fil-A just opened this week right down the street from me. On the way home from the doctor, I decided to stop and get one of their Cobb Salads. Home I came with my salad. After eating much smaller meals the last 5 weeks, I was so enjoying my salad. Then, about 1/8 of the salad eaten, I pushed away the bowl and told my husband I was FULL. All was well in my tummy. THEN I kept looking at the rest of the salad and started eating "just one more bite".

I was FULL after 1/8 of the salad. I mean my PHYSICAL HUNGER WAS GONE but for some totally assinine reason, i ended up eating the WHOLE THING, plus a big glass of their Heavenly diet lemonade. Now I am stuffed to the gills and feel physically ill. Oh my goodness, I had FORGOTTEN how utterly terrible I felt when I pigged out!

One good thing, I doubt if I will EVER do that again. My wonderful Cobb Salad has given me an upset tummy. Too much of a good thing. I FEEL SO STUPID. Next time I will order a SIDE salad.

Why do we revert back to old habits so easily?!?! I ended up NOT really enjoying my wonderful treat. It's like waking up with a hangover. We say NEVER AGAIN. This time I think I really have learned my lesson.

NEVER AGAIN.....

Hearin' ya, sister. Went out to dinner the other night, ordered Pasta. (2nd time since surgery). Forgot to ask for a to-go box along with my meal, and this gorgeous Pasta came to the table... and I ate the whole thing. Slowly but it was a LOT. AT least a cup and a half of deliciousness. BLECH. I was squeamish all night. Not fully nauseated but unsettled.

I like what you said about the 'old habits' - too true! I am 5 months post-op and I still make portions that the old me would have devoured. Now I get 1/4 way through and I'm done. When will I learn?

Eesh. The lessons our bands teach us!

Woke up today with a renewed pledge NOT to EVER AGAIN stuff myself and overeat when I am already full

Sometimes our bodies just need that little bit extra it's ok from time to time. Don't feel bad when it happens always remember you got the rest of your life to lose the weight not a limited time like we have conditioned our minds to think.

It's my taste buds that trip me up. Miss Tummy is done with her measured portion, but my boyfriend is an outstanding Mediterranean chef, and everything he cooks is so delicious. He considers my Protein needs and doesn't push pastas, breads , and Desserts, but oh what magic he does with veggies, meats, and sauces!

What I have to do is measure my portion. It helps to not have the extra on my plate to start with. After I eat my portion, I have to brush my teeth right away to get those awesome flavors out of my mouth.

What I suppose I would do if I were in a restaurant is get the "to go" box first, and get the extra food out of site - out of mind, bring it home and devide portions then put some in the feezer to enjoy on a later day. Then the deliciousness becomes more pleasure on more days, rather than a belly ache and remorse.

Also, those Gas-X strips that are so handy for gas also have a nice mint flavor and they melt on your tongue in seconds. You could also keep some after dinner mints in your purse or pocket.

@LousPeach - I so totally know what you mean. My comfortable measure is 1/2 cup serving and then I need to leave well enough alone, but sometimes it tastes so good that I'll eat another bite or two, then that's when I get into trouble by being too full. My first time was with some awesome smoked BBQ ribs. I ate my portion at the restaurant while visiting a cousin, then took some home for hubby to try, but I continued to try some more myself. Made myself miserable for about an hour. Wasn't sure if I was going to throw up or not, fortunately not. When I could I took a couple of Tums which helped considerably.

We'll learn soon enough, after doing this a time or two.