Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When you stall how long does it usually last? I was consistently losing and now I've plateaued over the last 5 days. Does this last days, or weeks from your experience. I know everyone is different but I'm just curious. Thanks in advance!

I'm 5 weeks post op and at week 3 I stalled for about 10 days straight. It has finally started dropping again. I'd be curious to hear what some people a little further out have experienced.

My longest stall came at 7 months after surgery and it was a little over 3 weeks. But I took my measurements pre-surgery and that has helped me see progress beyond the scale and also reflecting on what I have gained from the surgery. I think sometimes we forget that. I think although seeing the number go down on the scale is a good thing we can base our worth on it...or perhaps it becomes a high. But at some point, God willing, we will maintain a healthy weight in a healthy manner. Hopefully, becoming mentally stronger along the way. I think many of us have the mentality that if I only lost the weight, life would be rainbows and butterflies. But there is always something in our lives that will present a challenge...at least these are things that I have learned. I am currently a year out and I'm wearing size 4 jeans ????. Crazy thing is that I just hit a "normal BMI" a couple of pounds ago. I guess I just pack it in well...sorry I rambled a bit. As long as you follow the program your stall will pass and I would suggest taking measurements if you haven't and re-taking them every 4-6 weeks. I also kept the largest size pants I was in at one time and if ever I feel the need to put them on as a reminder they are there for me. Your gonna do great ????

I had my survey on 3/10/15. Tuesday was my 8 week post op date. I have not lost any weight since 4/22/15. liquids and Vitamins have not been a problem at all but hitting my Protein goal was tough at first. I have hit it for the last 8 days (except yesterday) and the scale has not moved. I am now able to eat just about anything but I am not that hungry so I need to pay attention to the clock and make myself eat. My calories average around 500-600 each day and I know that is too low. I am getting a little frustrated but I know it will come off eventually. It is good to see others experience to help us through these stalls....good luck everyone!

Angelface811, congrats on being "normal" again! Super happy for you.

Honestly a stall is not even a stall unti it goes beyond that first 10 days to 2 weeks.

You have to remember that your body weight fluctuates all day long every day. If you are a daily weigher like I am you will see your weight go back and forth between the same pound over and over as you get further down the road. I choose to weigh daily but I can handle the news that comes from the scale. Sometimes I lose 2lbs in one week and sometimes I lose none.

I use it as one barometer to measure my progress and keep me on track. I mostly use my clothing. I know my body is transforming every time I put on my clothes.

If you keep following the food plan and staying very active, the weight will come off at its own pace.

There will be breaks and stalls along the way. I would change my habits if a complete stall lasts more than a month. Then I would change things up because your body gets used to routines and likes to hang onto the fat.

Yea I'm not worried about it I was just curious ????. Thanks