Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my dates...help

Hi all

I finally got my date June 1st 6weeks OMGosh. Please can you help me with what l need to buy for when l leave hospital for liquid diet not sure what to get or anything else that might help with recovery not sure what x

I got my date today!! For May 20th I need the same help please!!!

RNY Approval

May 26 surgery date

Try your Protein Shakes and find variety cause your tastes will change after, so bought variety single packs to have around and unflavored and of course Unjury chicken Soup flavored is a real keeper. You will want a NON straw Water cup you will take everywhere and measure your water. That will be most likely your first week or two home. As you get closer they will suggest chewable vitamins supplements you will need to take after, so I bought mine right before and had ready. After you move off liquids they will add soft pureed which pudding Jello such then soft Proteins egg and soft meats like refried Beans. So I made sure I had a dozen eggs, pudding mix, milk for shakes, can of refried beans, and jello mix. Then I have just went week by week now. Next week is my one month visit, so I have not bought nothing until after that appointment as they will add some more foods back, then I will pick up on way home. When buying remember about 1-2T will be all you eat, so you may think of ice cube trays to freeze servings of like rest of the refried beans. I tried those little half cup tupperware things but the ice cube trays were perfect then I Ziploc them. Hope this helps out some and congratulations, it is exciting and nerve racking until it gets here but well worth it!!

Hi Laurac727

Thank you for the suggestions l will follow your advice sounds good to me.

Congrats to you hope your doing well.

Try these for flavors to add to protien once we are at protien phase they come in different flavors just make sure its sugar free!! SO YUMMY!

post-236273-14292981934725_thumb.jpg

post-236273-14292982090122_thumb.jpg

Edited by STARTING NEW

Thanks for the tip. Not sure l can get this in the UK ... maybe Amazon l wiĺl check it out.... thanks

RNY Approval

May 26 surgery date

Congrats!!!! My surgery is scheduled for the May 20 th sending prayers and positive vibes everyrthing will go smooth for you!! ????

Hope all goes well for you tracy

My surgery went great.So far no complications

My surgery is rescheduled to July 8th I need to do a stress test on Jun 4th because my ekg came back slightly abnormal so I am feeling sad because I have to wait and nervous because of my stress test

Just pray and keep the faith.I had my surgery Tuesday May 26.My surgery went good,I had no complications.I think in some cases the doctor wants to make sure your heart is strong enough to handle everything. I think its a good thing.You will be okay.

Hi Tracy

So pleased your op went well with no complicatoons. My op has been rescheduled for July 13th.

@@Tracy6035 thanks for the reassurance. I had my stress test today and it was not what I imagined it to be the most uncomfortable I got was a little warm they were really good in calming my nerves especially my nurse and the cardiologist so now I am ok to have surgery...so excited???? so how is your weight loss going an most important how are you feeling?