Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm scheduled to get the Sleeve 5/6/15. I have two-year old twins and wanted to know how quickly you were able to get back to normal after the sleeve. My BMI is right at 40 so I don't have a tremendous amount of weight to lose so I'm hoping I can get back to normal in a couple days, just no lifting. I plan to go back to work in a week. Anyone please, how much downtime did you experience?

Thanks,

Nerkerle

You should be fine to take care of them as soon as you get home. They encourage you to move around, anyway. You will have to arrange for someone to help out with the lifting of them, laundry, etc for a few weeks until you get cleared for lifting. You will be pretty tired and sore the first week, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Granted, I didn't have 2 year old toddlers to take care of, either ;)

I was working from home the week I got home from the hospital. I went to a final walk through and a closing of a house the same week (Realtor).

@@nerkerle

I dont have any children but I can say you will be feeling back to yourself in about a week. I would just recommend resting as much as possible within that week because the hardest part for me was the anesthesia. It takes a little while for you to kick that out of your body. Other than that you will be golden.

THANK YOU

I had my band to sleeve revision on a Wednesday. A friend took my dog for me because I wasn't able to care for my other dog when I had the band years ago. I came home on a Thursday and by Friday told my friend to bring the dog back home. I was feeling fine

@@nerkerle, I had my sleeve on March 30th and I have a 2 year old & 15 year old daughters. While I was in the hospital, my sister took care of them because my boyfriend stayed with me in the hospital. The first two days I was home, I sent my little one to daycare. I wasn't strong enough to take care of her. She is very active. During the second week of recovery, my little one stayed home with me and I felt much, much better. I took 2 weeks off work and that was good enough for me. I am one of the few lucky ones. I have not had any complications, nausea of vomiting since surgery. I feel fantastic!

@@MaryC94 thanks so much. My date is Wednesday and plan to be home Thursday. My goal is to be strong enough to take them to daycare Friday. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately I don't have much support from my husband. He's totally against it; he also just started a new job and may not be able to take off. :(

Edited by nerkerle