Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hair replenishment

i seen a lot of people recommending Vitamins for hair loss, but can't remember the name, it was something like benetin. is this correct, or is it called something else? thanks.

thanks, i'm getting ready to order some. do you know what MG?

I take the 10,00 mg of Biotin and the are the kind that dissolve in your mouth. They haven't helped my Hair loss at all, but I am still going to keep taking them until I am completely bald!!! LOL

I am pre-op and trying to gather info to protect my hair too. I will finally be at a healthy weight in my 50's, but will have hanging flesh and a bald head? I am a little worried about that to be honest.

Edited by sherrzie

Have been taking Biotin and Zinc since two month mark and I am now near the six month mark. My hair is falling at an alarming rate. If it helped in the past, I don't know but it sure doesn't right now.

Biotin will not stop hair from falling out. It will make new growth more healthy. I have been taking it for three years since losing a lot of hair due to thyroid shutting down and menopause. I am prepared to lose it again. It will grow back.

There is a misconception that Biotin will stop your hair from falling out. This is NOT true. Biotin will assist with hair regrowth. The reality is for many some of your hair will fall out and there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening. You will not go bald unless there is some other condition going on like Alopecia. It will not leave you with bald Patches, it will simply thin. A lot!

The hair slows down when the weight loss slows down and will stop when you hit the goal your body wants to be at. Biotin helps with new regrowth and that begins right away as well. You will have a lot of short hairs growing in at the same time you have a lot coming out (if you are like me). This week I went and got a shorter haircut because I felt like the way I wore my hair the thinning showed more (which by the way was in my head). Anyway, I got it cut short, added some bangs and voila, I look ten years younger. It really compliments my thinning face and I feel fantastic.

Don't let this get you literally freaked out. It is a part of the process for many but this too shall pass and it is worth all of this in the end.

Good Luck!

hair loss can be a sign that you are not getting enough Protein.

I suffered significant Hair loss and graying about 10 years ago due to aging. I began to take a product called Juvenon (purchased over the internet) around that time. It consist of Acetyl L-Camitine HCL and Alpha Lipoid Acid which restore the mitochondria in my cells. One of the side effects that I noticed with this supplement is that it stopped my hair loss and stopped the graying. When I had the surgery, my doctor directed that I not take the supplement immediately after surgery. So I waited until he gave me the O.K. which was about 2 months. I then went back onto Juvenon. I am 23 months post-op from RNY surgery at this time and have not noticed any significant hair loss due to the surgery.

Be careful with acetyl l carnitine. It can be very dangerous for other organs!! I have a child with a metabolic disorder and we have to have lab work done regularly for him.

I have been using Juvenon for about 10 years now without any bad side effects. As a matter of fact, this product substantially improved my lung function for the effects of asthma. My peak flow improved over 100 by taking this product. It made my life livable after I started taking it. It also improve the lung function of a work associate who suffered from the effects of Multiple Sclerosis that compressed her lungs.

My Dr said the Hair loss would slow down when my weight-loss slowed down.. I am 9 months out and it is just starting to grow back in.. I take Biotin and also use Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner.. It seems to be helping... Good luck!