Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weigh Stalled, HELP!

Soooo I'm drinking, exercising, eating 800 calories, drinking Protein Shakes and my weight loss has come to a halt. Im down 85 lbs since surgery 9/9/2014. Happy no regrets, loving the compliments. Started out weighting 298 now I'm 215. Just want to get to that 100lb loss. Help, advice PLEASE!!!

Time to reset! Go back to the basics, as if you are just starting with solid foods. Then start taking measurements, the success story lies there! Did you do measurements in the beginning? If not, now is a good time to start. Maybe shift to a different exercise routine. And definitely talk with your dietician for suggestions, they may have some good ones up their sleeves (pun intended!). Just don't give up, look beyond the stall, always forward....

post-250162-14275002262546_thumb.jpg post-250162-14275002262546_thumb.jpg post-250162-14275002262546_thumb.jpg

7 months out would doing the Atkins diet be ok to undo this weight stall???

Would doing the Atkins diet be okay I am almost 7 months out ??? gotta find some way to un do the weight loss style

I have worn my fat like a suit of armor for years....along with my hair, been hiding behind that too. I am down almost 60 pounds since I was banded and I am starting to get uncomfortable as well. I have security issues that stem from sexual abuse as a child and adolesent teen. I am very large breasted and have been since I was 10 years old. I was a child with a childs mind and spirit in an adult body. I got alot of unwanted attention, and as I grew up I learned to shelter my body with fat. With that said, today I am a very capable woman able to protect myself against unwanted advances, yet my instincts remain at high alert, never quite sure and ready to suit up at a moments notice. I have discussed this at length in therapy over the years. For me I just have to keep reminding myself, that I am in good hands now....I am protecting me the way others did not in the past. I am married to a wonderful understanding man who supports me in any dress size and works very hard at making me feel safe. Its a daily battle, but one worth fighting.

Joann

Dr. Valin 07/18/03

307/248/170

I have worn my fat like a suit of armor for years....along with my hair, been hiding behind that too. I am down almost 60 pounds since I was banded and I am starting to get uncomfortable as well. I have security issues that stem from sexual abuse as a child and adolesent teen. I am very large breasted and have been since I was 10 years old. I was a child with a childs mind and spirit in an adult body. I got alot of unwanted attention, and as I grew up I learned to shelter my body with fat. With that said, today I am a very capable woman able to protect myself against unwanted advances, yet my instincts remain at high alert, never quite sure and ready to suit up at a moments notice. I have discussed this at length in therapy over the years. For me I just have to keep reminding myself, that I am in good hands now....I am protecting me the way others did not in the past. I am married to a wonderful understanding man who supports me in any dress size and works very hard at making me feel safe. Its a daily battle, but one worth fighting.

Joann

Dr. Valin 07/18/03

307/248/170

You may need to up your calories, drink lots of Water to flush your system and watch the sodium intake.