Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post opt!

Hello all, I'm four days post opt and this is not the best it so hard for me to get liquids down, hot fluids I tolerate better than cold but it's still a struggle to get anything down. I exhausted all the time and want to lay down and sleep but I remember I have to move walk and stay a little active. I didn't believe this would take that much out of me considering all the great success stories I've been reading. I trying to stay positive because everything was a success and I don't have diabetes anymore which is a blessing in itself. Anyway, I just want to let you all know what was going on with me and how I'm feeling.

I am also on day 4, and we did just have major surgery, so we are going to be tired. It takes time even for all of that anesthesia to get out of our system, let alone the body recovering from having surgery. We need to cut ourselves some slack, and rest when we need to. When else do we allow ourselves to do that? Also the emotional aspect from surgery is also exhausting. I am hoping each day to get a little stronger, and be able to intake a little more fluids. If we follow up this post in a week, I bet we will be feeling way better!

The first few days are ROUGH. I'd go so far as to say the first few weeks, actually. Yes, you read stories on the forums of people going back to work just a few days post-op, but those are definitely the exceptions, not the rule! I think the vast majority of people really struggle in that first little stretch where every single sip is a chore. But, I promise you that it DOES get easier day-by-day and week-by-week. Hang in there!

My husband was sleeved on the 11th and he felt pretty rough for right at one week. The last two days he is feeling great.....it was like a switch was flipped one week out from surgery! So hang in there, it looks like it gets better. I am being sleeved next Wednesday so I am hoping and praying mine goes well too!

I'm at day 2 and I'm awake for 2-3 hours before I nap for 1-2 hours. I feel like an infant, lol. And fluids ... They sort of hurt or cause discomfort to me. Gas related is my guess? Hope I turn a good corner soon.

The lack of energy and the degree of tiredness was unbelievable. I had heard from so many people "Oh you will not believe the energy you are going to have"! That must come much later. Months later I would say. I am 6 weeks out and my energy level is still low. I will tell you I am down 38 lbs as if this morning and that gives me a big boost in my spirit. Give your self a break and as I have read in other comments remember you have had major surgery not to mention a life changing aging event has taken place. Good luck. :-)

I'm glad I'm reading this! Im starting my 5th day postop and I also am very tired! Feeling better but very sore and still need pain meds. I've even questioned what was I thinking!!! I don't feel that way now, but We have to let our bodies heal

I am 3 days post op. I am very sleepy as well. I feel like all I do is sleep. I will get up for a few hours but then I end up taking a nap. I am having a hard time getting all my fluids in. Im drinking Water with crystal light, chicken broth, and the liquid from chicken noodle Soup. I just can't seem to get in the 64 oz of fluids i need. I start adding a Protein shake to my diet today so we will see how that goes. I tried skim milk last night and it did not sit well with my stomach so I'm nervous to see how a Protein Shake will do. I have to keep telling myself that i just had major sugary and that my body needs to heal.

Truly...I went through the same thing just a few days ago. Give yourself time. The fluids will come as you feel better. I made myself a Fluid goal chart on day 4 (by 8am I'd drink 4 oz. between 9-11am Id have a Protein Shake, eyt) It sounds stupid, but it helped me a lot.