Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone lose 150+ pounds with the sleeve?

I'm going through the pre classes right now and am thinking about getting the sleeve. I have 180+ pounds to lose. Is that possible with the sleeve? Just wanted to hear any success stories.

Thanks! :)

According to one of the Drs I follow up with, he says my goal weight is 175, and I should get there in August. I started this journey at 345 and 324 was my surgery weight from 9/29. So, I guess it is possible, but I don't think August is my month for reaching that goal. I'm at 268 today.

Edited by Birdie77

I'm going through the pre classes right now and am thinking about getting the sleeve. I have 180+ pounds to lose. Is that possible with the sleeve? Just wanted to hear any success stories.

It all depends on you. The sleeve is only a tool, how you use it determines your success. My highest weight was, at least, 275, I have maintained 115 =/- 3lbs for about 2 years

Edited by TheRealMeIsHere!

I'm 2 years out and have successfully kept off 170lbs. I'd lost 130 in 10 months and lost another 40 lbs 6 months later.

I just posted my 2 year Surgerversary videos - hope they can help.

Edited by joatsaint

Of course it is possible. The sleeve will help, but it is still up to you. I have lost 195 pounds so far, but the first 150 were before I had surgery. I had the sleeve done to help push me to my final goal and keep the weight off. Just remember, it is not a magic pill. It is a very helpful tool, but the results will vary depending on how well you follow your plan.

Sure its possible, if you follow the plan. I have lost over 110 lbs in the first 7 months. Techinally, I am below the 100 pound loss goal that was discussed at the surgeons office. But I changed that goal, and want to drop 10 more, and the doctor was fine with that.

It is absolutely possible. I've lost 146 pounds to date. Stay disciplined, it is a lifestyle change. Good luck!

Thanks for all the wonderful advice! I guess I'm most worried about having a lot of lose skin left on my body. I am 49 years old. I've heard the older you are the harder it is for your skin to bounce back.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice! I guess I'm most worried about having a lot of lose skin left on my body. I am 49 years old. I've heard the older you are the harder it is for your skin to bounce back.

I am 50, and I would much rather deal with the loose skin than the fat and all the discomfort, pain and limitations that came with it. My insurance did pay for a panni and TT. Thighs, arms and boobs still saggy, but doesn't bother me much as it's fairly easy to conceal with clothing

I've lost about 140 with the sleeve, or around 95% of my excess weight, depending on end goal. I think it is possible to lose massive amounts. I'd like to lose another 10, but can't seem to get it off. Sometimes I think if had RNY I might be able to get it off easier, but there is no way to know. Either way, I'm thrilled, and I'm not sad I chose the sleeve.

On the pamphlets in my Dr.'s office it said that ppl who get the sleeve lose an average of 66% of their total lbs they need to lose. That doesn't mean u can't lose more, it's just an average. I easily have 200 lbs to lose and my doctor wants me to lose 60lbs before surgery and even with that's loss I could still stand to lose a good 130 on top of that.

133 lost and could easily continue but my top half has become a little gaunt and the bottom half will stay flabby even with additional weight loss so I am staying put for the sake of the clothing I finally broke down and bought.

150 pounds is absolutely not beyond your reach. Just stay the course - the sleeve doesn't give up on you. Sometimes we give up on ourselves.

Hey there! It is absolutely possible! My starting weight 384lbs in SEPT/13 and I am now down to 147lbs! I lost 238lbs in a little less then a year. I followed my surgeons orders to a T!

Hey there! It is absolutely possible! My starting weight 384lbs in SEPT/13 and I am now down to 147lbs! I lost 238lbs in a little less then a year. I followed my surgeons orders to a T!

That is awesome luckypants! That is so motivational!