Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horrible stomach cramping pain!

I'm five weeks out. I have been having stomach cramps at night. Tonight it's terrible I can't even sleep!!! What's happening?

All I ate today was some stew meat and mashed potatoes, a little bit of cooked veggie, coffee and Water.

I did drink 16 oz of Water pretty close together before bed.

Any thoughts? It hurts so badly I'm not sure what to do. This is happening exclusively at night, worse when I lay down.

My first though after reading this was that you're way to early to be eating beef stew. If you're progress is that far along how was this prepared? If the beef is to tough or fatty you'll have problems. I'm one of the ones that can't eat beef and you may be too. coffee at five weeks??? Kind of strong for a new pouch. That's your choice though, but I would wait. I also don't do starchy foods like the potatoes you had. But again that's your choice and that alone wasn't what caused your stomach pain. You couldn't of been on solids long so you may need to go back a step and eat soft foods for a day or two. I suggest you be more careful with your new pouch. You're still healing.

Edited by catdaddy

Bellabloom, I'm sorry I was hard on you on the last post. I'm seeing more of your post around here and I understand you better. You talk about food choices and how quickly you get bored with something. I saw something on another post a while back about this same subject that tweaked my interest. It was talking about natural skinny people and what they eat. The observer noted that their main choice of foods wasn't fanciful but rather bland.

I've taken this approach to my eating habits. My main diet is chicken and fish. The chicken is mostly out of the can. I eat it straight like that or make a salad with relish, mustard, fat free mayo and sometimes a few crackers. The fish is tuna out if the can or bag and I also make a salad like the chicken. I also have baked fish where I cook a bag of Tilapia for the week. I'll soon be doing chicken breast the same way.

Eating for me is just something I have to do now and this is how I approach it. To me any perpetration process just prolongs the thought of eating food and is counterproductive. I hope this helps you out and sorry again. Best of luck to you.

Bellabloom you may have drank that Water too fast

I know at 7 mos post j take two hours to get 16 ounces in.

It sounds like it might be the stew meat. That's tough to eat that soon. I don't even know if I can eat it yet. Stick with chicken and fish. Boredom is an issue but you need to try to embrace it. Try doing a day of the pureed foods again--yogurt, cottage cheese, Soups, broth, etc. just to see if that helps your stomach. The potatoes wouldn't cause the problem but I really think it is the meat.< /p>

Best of luck.

It's morning and I'm still in so much pain. Thank you for your input. This is what I thought too but the beef meat was really soft and I thought it would be like ground beef which I have had before and didn't bother me. Potatos is on my food list and I actually scraped most of them off because I don't like to eat carbs.

All I can think is it was the Water but it's not relenting so I'm going to the er today. It's scaring me.

It feels like my pouch is on fire!!!

I have no problem backing off on food it's just that I'm getting about 200 calories a day already and I know that I should be eating more. Everything just discusts me at this point and I'm not sure what is going to work for me long term.

I'm going to talk to my doctor and see if I can come up with some solution but for now I just want out of pain!!

Definitely a good move to go to the doctor at this point. Good luck and keep us posted.

This happened to me at 6 weeks out. I went to bed in pain after having two pieces of stew meat. Woke up still in pain and couldn't eat Breakfast. I ended up vomiting and the pain was instantly gone. Apparently the meat had become stuck. I am eight weeks post op and I have given up meat completely. I'll try again in a few months. Best of luck to you! Hope you are no longer in pain.

It's morning and I'm still in so much pain. Thank you for your input. This is what I thought too but the beef meat was really soft and I thought it would be like ground beef which I have had before and didn't bother me. Potatos is on my food list and I actually scraped most of them off because I don't like to eat carbs.

All I can think is it was the Water but it's not relenting so I'm going to the er today. It's scaring me.

It feels like my pouch is on fire!!!

I have no problem backing off on food it's just that I'm getting about 200 calories a day already and I know that I should be eating more. Everything just discusts me at this point and I'm not sure what is going to work for me long term.

I'm going to talk to my doctor and see if I can come up with some solution but for now I just want out of pain!!

If you have a nut you might have to work with her for awhile until you get it straightened out. Good luck and let us know how you make out at the ER.

Bellabloom, I'm sorry I was hard on you on the last post. I'm seeing more of your post around here and I understand you better. You talk about food choices and how quickly you get bored with something. I saw something on another post a while back about this same subject that tweaked my interest. It was talking about natural skinny people and what they eat. The observer noted that their main choice of foods wasn't fanciful but rather bland.

I've taken this approach to my eating habits. My main diet is chicken and fish. The chicken is mostly out of the can. I eat it straight like that or make a salad with relish, mustard, fat free mayo and sometimes a few crackers. The fish is tuna out if the can or bag and I also make a salad like the chicken. I also have baked fish where I cook a bag of Tilapia for the week. I'll soon be doing chicken breast the same way.

Eating for me is just something I have to do now and this is how I approach it. To me any perpetration process just prolongs the thought of eating food and is counterproductive. I hope this helps you out and sorry again. Best of luck to you.

How do you make the tilapia for a week? Do you use seasoning? How do you store it?

How do you make the tilapia for a week? Do you use seasoning? How do you store it?

I buy the fillet packages and each one comes out to about 2 oz each. I bake them all in a pan with liberal seasoning. After that they all go into a sealed container in the refrigerator. When I want to eat I just go in and grab one. They taste great and is it ever simple to do.

That's a great idea cat daddy.

I'm still at the er. Nothing got better so I figured what the heck I'll just go in. Luckily I have awesome insurance.

I think perhaps something could be stuck but I'm not nauseated at all so I don't know. Also it didn't start until hours after I ate. It just hurts like hell. At the very least they can give me a shot of pain meds until this passes. It's fire in my belly!

Edited by bellabloom

I,like everyone else here just wants you to get well. When I had my emergency after surgery I went to the nearest er and it was over 100 miles from my surgery hospital. Insurance paid for the medical transport to my surgery hospital and the following four days in ICU. At the time it was a big deal, I was bleeding internally, but I always had the feeling I was going to be ok, you will too.

Thanks cat daddy. I'm sorry you had to go through that and I'm so glad your okay!!

As it turns out I have gallstones!!! Surprise!! And I may have an ulcer. They are doing an edoscopy and gallbladder removal surgery at the same time.

This has likely been why I've had such a hard time eating. I've been in pain on and off the last two weeks but my back meds were masking it until it got so bad they didn't work anymore.

I'm surprised I never would have guessed and I'm so glad I came into the er although I had to drive. I have to stay in the hospital until Friday.

So that's what's going on!! Thanks everyone

So glad you went to the doctor! And really glad they figured that out. Best of luck going forward.