Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could I have already stretched my stomach?

I'm just now starting my 2nd week on soft foods (sleeved 12/8). I had a follow up appt today and it seems like I've been eating too much, although I've only eaten until I was "full" twice. Could I have already stretched my stomach, or does it take a lot longer?

Being so soon after surgery, I believe you'd be in terrible pain if you stretched your sleeve. You've only started healing. Plus, from what I've researched, it takes a lot of deliberate effort to stretch your sleeve permanently.

You didn't say what you've been eating, but different people have different "slider foods", meaning, the food doesn't seem to be very filling. salad and Peanut Butter are slider foods for me. But chicken and hamburger fill me right up quick.

And some foods like rice, Pasta or anything with sugar in them, cause me to get hungry again in about an hour. So I have to avoid them or just be aware of how they will affect me.

One last thing. Since you're still healing, your brain may be making you hungry to get more nutrients for healing.

If you're losing weight at the rate your doc thinks is healthy, then I'd say you're on track.

Whew! I was gonna be really mad at myself if I had already screwed this up!

I have a Protein shake in the morning, then some cream of wheat for lunch, and either a scrambled egg or some refried Beans w/cheese for dinner. Last night I just started on some tuna. Im eating around 700-800 calories a day. I'm getting my Protein & Water goal, but I also did have a 3 week stall. Basically, the only week I've lost is the week of my surgery.

The nurse practitioner kinda got on to me for not losing any more (15 lbs post-op) and for eating too much. ????

I've only had pain a couple of times and then it was one bite I was fine, then the next bite just put me over the edge.

I don't know if I've encountered any slider foods yet, I'm not sure I'd recognize it if I did!

Thanks for the reassurance y'all!

You have lost 5 pounds more than I did at that time... Not that we should compare but, sometimes it feels good!! I went to dr today for my 3 month. I have lost 27 pounds since day of surgery. Not sure what I list pre op. I could not make eye contact with the scale!

Dr and nurse were pleased with the loss although I was concerned that I had ruined my stomach also...be kind to yourself. Don't give up. Eat your protein!

When your newly sleeved your stomach is still numb and healing so you wont feel that restriction yet. I didn't notice until I started on more dense Protein.< /p>

I looked back at everything I've been tracking on MyFitnessPal, and it looks like I need to eat less, but more frequently. Make sense? I haven't been spacing my meals out every couple of hours, I've been pretty much having a normal Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've been eating about 1/4 cup of food instead of 2-3 Tablespoons. So...I'm glad to hear I haven't done any damage that I can't correct from here on out.

I also need to break my horrible habit of eating too fast. How do y'all do it? I've tried putting my fork down between each bites, even walking away for awhile, but somehow it still seems like I'm scarfing food down. I'm sure that's played a big part in how much I've been eating, too.

I appreciate everyone talking me down from the ledge! ????

Edited by ChronicJam

I still eat too fast. If I eat too fast and don't chew well enough, I get nauseated and it comes back up. So have I mastered eating slower? No. The best I can do is be cognizant of it and try to eat slower. Having said that, use a baby fork or spoon. Smaller bites will slow you down.