Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medifast Shakes, etc. - NEED ADVICE

I need some positive or negative feedback on Medifast products.

Thanks,

shelli:help:

The shakes and the pudding are ok--I had the dutch chocolate/strawberry and the pudding--I would add one packet of Splenda and they weren't too bad. Only 11 grams of Protein though. The pudding wasn't too bad, just don't expect it to taste like Jello pudding snacks! LOL! The oatmeal was absolutely disgusting to me--I had the maple brown sugar and the blueberry and ICK! My daughter actually asked me what smelled like vomit. The soups--I had chicken noodle and chicken rice--I did not like them too much either but it didn't matter at that point because I was starving! It's expensive--I bought 2 weeks worth and I think it was like $170 with shipping. I like the unjury shakes better--better tasting, more Protein (20g) and less carbs.

Amy

Thanks for the info Amy! I noticed you were just banded this month and I wondered how you are doing? Are you still on a liquid diet? Did you have much pain? I hope things are going well for you!!!

I'd look around for something else. Medifast products are way expensive and most are not that tasty...at all...ESPECIALLY that oatmeal. YUK!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info Amy! I noticed you were just banded this month and I wondered how you are doing? Are you still on a liquid diet? Did you have much pain? I hope things are going well for you!!!

I'm doing much better now--the first 3 days were hard--hurting with the gas. But now I feel much better. I'm feeling MUCH better now. I'm not taking the medifast shakes anymore but I am eating/drinking unjury shakes for the Protein. I am still on the liquid diet post-op and will be until I see the doctor on Wednesday. It's been tough I will say that! Are you banded yet?

Amy

I personally like the medifast products...most of them anyway. they are very low cal, but most of the products do need a little doctoring to taste "good"...for instance, I love the oatmeal with a couple packets of splenda and cinnamon...mmm...BUT it is WAY expensive...and I feel if it's going to cost that much, it should taste great right out of the pack! So, for me, it's a mixed review. It's very nutritionally balanced, you lose weight quickly when you comply with the plan, and you don't feel hungry...BUT I feel after being banded, I need to learn how to eat REAL food in the proper portion size. Doing medifast after being banded, won't teach you that. I liked it for the pre op dieting tho :mad:

I'm doing much better now--the first 3 days were hard--hurting with the gas. But now I feel much better. I'm feeling MUCH better now. I'm not taking the medifast shakes anymore but I am eating/drinking unjury shakes for the Protein. I am still on the liquid diet post-op and will be until I see the doctor on Wednesday. It's been tough I will say that! Are you banded yet?

Amy

No I am not banded yet as I am awaiting my insurance approval. They asked me to send pictures of myself from the years 2004 and 2005 to prove that I was morbidly obese back then. The pictures had to have real dates on them either on the front or back. I should know something in several weeks and I hope it is good news because I started this process back in August 2006. I am glad you are feeling better and I will try to get some samples of the Unjury Protein - and thank you so much for your feedback on this.

Shelli:)

I did the medifast diet prior to surgery. I had the ready made shakes in the dutch chocolate. They are pretty gross, but i found that if I drank some medifast than drank some cryastal like right after it helped. Also, see if your doctor sells it for cost. My doctor did so they weren't really expensive.

Andrea