Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reward gift to myself

Did you buy yourself a reward gift when you hit a milestone?

I'm about 4 1/2 months post op and have hit the 100 lb. mark in weight loss. To Celebrate, I bought myself a nice reward gift - Power Beats 2 wireless headphones. I love them! I used them at the gym today and had a great workout.

How did you reward yourself? And, what was your milestone?

You should! My husband is a mailman and he wants some of those for while he's walking. I'm glad you like them I will have to get him some! Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! You deserve them!

Congratulations on hitting such a fantastic milestone! I cannot wait until I get to that point.mi am so excited for you! Keep on going!

Here is my list that I made last Spring:Weight Loss Rewards

185 - “Yes” trip to Trader Joe’s for specialty items

180 – Kitchen gadget, probably a reversible stovetop grill / griddle

175 – Garden gloves and hat (use gloves for work-out also?)

170 – More CD’s for outside exercise / or MP 3 player w/sleeve band

165 – Backyard fitness trail equipment

160 = Plants for the yard = lilacs or honeysuckle

155 – ½ hour massage at Massage Envy

150 – Genealogy trip somewhere

145 – Style consultation

140 – Another Professional bra fitting

135 – Family portraits

Alternate suggestions: replace Claddaugh ring, nice jewelry item (maybe an ankle bracelet), go to arts and crafts fair (or Scottish festival), go to that local church flea market, office supplies or new deluxe office chair)

That's a great reward, they work pretty good? I was worried about interference, especially in a gym.

I have a few things in mind when I get near or at goal. One is Botox and the other is a cute pair of Uggs that I have my eye on. They are tall and I've never been able to wear tall boots because my big calves.

I love all of these ideas - great incentives too. I posted mine recently under topic "My Chocolate-Free Purse" (under rants and rave) before I saw this thread. I bought a red paten leather Kate Spade purse I've been eyeing forever, and would never have bought pre-weight loss because i was always too afraid to stand out in something red - might draw attention to all those pounds so artfully hidden under shapeless black clothes, right? I'm not opening it until Christmas, since my daughters are part of gifting it to me too. I'm so looking forward to it!

@@*Lexie* I've only used them a couple of times but I think they work great. The sound is not quite as good as the wired Beats headphones but really good. I was able to leave my phone on the ground near whatever machine I was on and had no interference at all.

The Uggs will be my second reward gift. I have the booties now but can't fit in anything beyond ankle height. Soon though!

How did you reward yourself?

@@tamg26k

couple of years ago -when this "hip" ;)58 year young reached goal at -105 lbs down

i got my first and last tattoo on the top of my right wrist :)

PROMISED hubby i wouldn't get another tattoo for another 58 years :rolleyes:

in lovely small italics i had the first letter of each of my grand-kids with a small red heart under each letter

M organ 14 A ndrew 11 E than 7

:) :) :)

my computer doesn't let me post hearts :unsure:

ohhhh, just to mention, last year i got a small italic tattoo above my right ankle with the word survivor

about 3 months later i got a beautiful small butterfly under that word :)

hubby still lets me live home!!! and i promised no more tattoos ;)

@@tamg26k

100 lbs down :)

keep up the good job

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Initially I had picked out a designer purse and a trench coat. In the end, my reward was an entire new wardrobe.