Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My insurance requires a six month process before surgery. I just had my third visit so half way there. I'm so impatient I just wanna get it done already. I've decided on the sleeve after lots of research I feel that is the best option for me. I love reading everyone's stories and appreciate all the honesty from individual experiences. I'm 5'2" at 246lbs. Can't wait to share my journey after surgery.

For me, pre-op was much worse than post-op. However, you can use this time to start practicing the good habits you will need once you go post-op. I am so glad I already was accustomed to small bites, high Protein, separating eating from drinking, etc. All of that waiting made sense once I was home from the hospital. Six months is going to drrrrrrrag out until a couple of days before your surgery, and then it will fly by about the time you hit panic mode. At least you have all of your bariatric brothers and sisters here for moral support and practical encouragement.

@@Miss Mac You are smart to encourage her to do those things. I cut out caffeine a few weeks ago because I do NOT want to go through the DT's while also doing a 2 week liquid preop. Can you say go postal? Now that I'm finished with the caffeine headaches I've moved on to pushing Water, Water, water and chewing each small bite of food 30 times. @@avermette take the time to put into practice some of these things to ease your way into your new lifestyle.

impatient - wanna get it done

@@avermette

your feelings are understandable :blink:

it can be so hard waiting for surgery

does it help that you are one of the many who have that 6 month program??

i didn't think so ;)

can tell you are a smart cookie since you chose the sleeve :)

(little biased here ;) )

as mentioned above

always good to start practicing with eating, drinking et al

but i think the point of your post is waitng for WLS is a bummer !!! :angry:

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It" :)

hang in there :)

good luck :)

kathy

Thanks everyone!!! I didn't realize how much reaching out would help. Looking forward to reading all of your updates too ????

I had the same 6month pre surgery requirement. In addition I had ton loose 35lbs. I used the time to slowly start my journey. Changing rating habits and doin trials with different Protein Drinks to find ones that work for me. I must say the first one I tried seemed to taste like baby formula made with cough Syrup an I thought I was in huge trouble if they all tasted that way. I also did a trial of clear liquid for a week and found myself gaining weight and when I addresses it with my dr we found Fluid retention was a factor. I learned to make my own veggie Clear Liquids and freeze them so now that it's a must I'm ahead of the game and simply thaw them out and sip sip away. You can do this even wig slow steps. Slow and steady wins the race :)