Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dominican Republic Duran Doll????

Well ladies... Just wanted to throw this topic out there. Who has considered plastics after weight loss stops? Idk about u all but I'm already noticing lots of saggines in upper arms(bat wing area!Lol) an in thighs! It's disgusting.. When I was bigger than I am now it was at least smooth/firmish. I have been researching this Dr.Duran in Dominican Republic for a while now an she comes top rated. I no a few ladies that have gone her way an have had good experiences to. I guess my question is.. What is everyone's take on being so far away from home and getting work done? Also how far out from surgery should you start considering plastics? I know it's waaaay to soon for me, considering my sleeve was 5/28. I'm just loosing so fast (70+ lbs in 4 months) and didn't no what my options were. I have been working out to try to tighten up but it's so NOT working:(

Suggestions??? And Opinions???

I was told to wait at least 18 months after WLS and/or 6 months after your weight has stabilized before having plastics. It takes this long for your skin to tighten as much as it's going to. I had a huge neck waddle, saggy face skin and bat wings within the first few months of losing. These have all disappeared. My tummy has also smoothed out considerably. I had the most weight to lose in my butt and thighs, so I have considerable sags there. I definitely will never look good in shorts or a skirt, but it's not something I'd have plastics for at this point. And let's not talk about my boobs....went from a DD to A/B cups. It's been a challenge finding bras I can stuff all the extra skin into. But again, something I'm willing to live with unless I win the lottery.

I'm sooo with you on the boobs! Mine are all gone 2:(

It's something I'm looking into since it's not that expensive over there. It's not mandatory but I have struggled with weight all my life, an have always been on the hefty side. Would love to 1 day have that amazing beach body! Especially while I'm still young an before popping babies out;)

So, with you I used a Dominican Republic plastic surgeon too after my weight was stable . his man is Dr. Perez Pimentel. I have great results. I would recommend his to anyone.

So, with you I used a Dominican Republic plastic surgeon too after my weight was stable . his name is Dr. Raul Perez Pimentel. I have great results. I would recommend his to anyone.

I think many good foreign options. Make sure they have experience with massive weight loss patients and see lots of pix. Be healthy too, recovery from plastics takes a lot out of you.

Hey im from the dominican and have heard of a lot of great surgeons down there for plastics. So just make sure you do a lot alot of research and you aren't getting ripped off. Also if you have no babies and are planning to have them.then don't get plastic surgery yet! Big no no cause it will be pointless and the adverse affects could be worse

I waited 18 months. I had TT and Lipo 2 weeks ago in Mexico. Loving the results so far. Best of luck! ☺️

Hello! Ib have been searching for a surgeon in Mexico I can afford. Would you please give me the name and contact information of your surgeon.

So, with you I used a Dominican Republic plastic surgeon too after my weight was stable . his man is Dr. Perez Pimentel. I have great results. I would recommend his to anyone.

If you don't mind I wanted to know what you had done and price range. I cannot afford plastic surgery here in the states! And I desperately need it. Ty

Just be very careful going to a surgeon overseas. Also I am not sure if Duran does the skin removal that post massive weight loss women need. As far as I know she does heavy Lipo of the abdomen and then augments your hips and butt with it. Lipo will not tighten excess skin. It will just deflate it more.

I had a mommy make over. Tummy Tuck with full muscle repair and breast lift. I went to DR. Raul Perez Pimentel. He was excellent. I agree be careful with Duran she is not skilled with weight lost surgery patients. As a matter fact a girl that had the lapband died with her. She accidentally puncture the patients band.