Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so I've been going with the proces for my gastric sleeve. I was told they would like to do it October 30. So in my mind I'm picturing it being done that day. Got my psyc evale and today I got my gastroscope which he said I looked good but of course he took samples for testing. I went to a cardiologist today as well but I don't know if it was me or what be he seemed like a complete asshole. I would like to say I'm a "healthy" fat person because luckily I'm not sick but anyway today is the 11 of September and he wants me to get blood work and a heart scan but he wants it all done on my period. Now here is where the issues I'm having lay. My period is super eregular but it's suppose to come by the end of the month so I'm scared it won't come then what? Also he wants to see my but on October 22 so I'm guessing this will push my sleeve date back. I just really want it done already. I'm going through a lot of emotions right now because I'm not comfortable with myself anymore and I know this surgery will fix my mind set and make me ectatic. Did anyone else's surgery get pushed back? I'm just so upset by this all I feel like I can't stay positive and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Help me please?

Sorry for the rant I just don't know who to talk to

Mine was set back because I contracted ischemic colitis wwhich had to be dealt with before bariatric surgery. Otherwise, any knick on the bowel would have cause catastrophic infection. I had to wait, but I was alive to wait.

Mine was set back because I contracted ischemic colitis wwhich had to be dealt with before bariatric surgery. Otherwise, any knick on the bowel would have cause catastrophic infection. I had to wait, but I was alive to wait.

Thank you for sharing that with me and I'm sorry that you had to go with that. I guess I jut set my mind that it's gonna happen that I just want it to happen like tomorrow but I need to stay positive but I can't seem to find the positivity bug anymore

It is no big thing that someone can get anxious waiting on this surgery. Shoot, I had to have my axiety med doubled beause all that waiting and going through hoops was such a crazy maker!

Mine was pushed back month due to anemia. I was very disappointed but had no choice. I was sleeved yesterday. It all worked out finally. I'm sorry yours is being delayed. It will be ok.

Mine wasn't exactly pushed back but it has been delayed which is just as disappointing. I have been working towards getting all my pre-reqs done and finally completed that on 9/2. In discussions with my patient care advocate at the surgeons office prior to all my pre-reqs being done I thought it'd be scheduled no later than the first week of October. After I submitted everything to her on 9/2 I was told that she received everything and it would be submitted that day or the next.

A week later I called the insurance company to find out how long it would take them to approve it and they stated that they hadn't received anything yet but it would take 2-7 days for an answer once they did.

I then emailed my patient care advocate (she never answers or returns phone calls) about not submitting my paperwork yet and that I thought it was already submitted according to her last email and she didn't answer me so I emailed her again 24 hours later (standard business etiquette says give 24 hours for a response) and she said that she had been out of the office the day before and it could take my insurance 30 days to approve (not true). So I asked her the timeline for them to submit it to my insurance so I wouldn't keep bugging her. She still hasn't answered 2 days later.

I gave her 24 hours to answer and then I called the other girl in the office that will call me to schedule my actual surgery date and is involved in the insurance submission process as well and it has been over 24 hours now and I haven't heard back from her either.

It's just extremely frustrating that I worked my butt off to get all the pre reqs done and submitted to them and I can't get them to give me a simple phone call to tell me when they are going to submit it to insurance. I would understand if they told me that it would take them a week or two to submit it (maybe they are really busy) but at least I'd have a better understanding of when I can have my surgery. Heck I'd even feel better if they'd just return my phone call or email to tell me to quit bugging them.

Hang in there, I recieved a call from my Doctor Four days befor my surgery, he said that he had some kind of eye infection and had to postpone the surgery until one week later. Then on the evening of the new schedueled date, I recieved a call saying it had to be moved from Wednesday to Thursday due to the fact that he had to rescheduel so many surgeries. I Felt like he just didnt want to do it!!. Well Five weeks later it's all done and I'm moving on and so will you.

Mine wasn't exactly pushed back but it has been delayed which is just as disappointing. I have been working towards getting all my pre-reqs done and finally completed that on 9/2. In discussions with my patient care advocate at the surgeons office prior to all my pre-reqs being done I thought it'd be scheduled no later than the first week of October. After I submitted everything to her on 9/2 I was told that she received everything and it would be submitted that day or the next.

A week later I called the insurance company to find out how long it would take them to approve it and they stated that they hadn't received anything yet but it would take 2-7 days for an answer once they did.

I then emailed my patient care advocate (she never answers or returns phone calls) about not submitting my paperwork yet and that I thought it was already submitted according to her last email and she didn't answer me so I emailed her again 24 hours later (standard business etiquette says give 24 hours for a response) and she said that she had been out of the office the day before and it could take my insurance 30 days to approve (not true). So I asked her the timeline for them to submit it to my insurance so I wouldn't keep bugging her. She still hasn't answered 2 days later.

I gave her 24 hours to answer and then I called the other girl in the office that will call me to schedule my actual surgery date and is involved in the insurance submission process as well and it has been over 24 hours now and I haven't heard back from her either.

It's just extremely frustrating that I worked my butt off to get all the pre reqs done and submitted to them and I can't get them to give me a simple phone call to tell me when they are going to submit it to insurance. I would understand if they told me that it would take them a week or two to submit it (maybe they are really busy) but at least I'd have a better understanding of when I can have my surgery. Heck I'd even feel better if they'd just return my phone call or email to tell me to quit bugging them.

very similar with me, I should have been done a month ago, had to me my own advocated and make endless calls to insurance because my docs office insurance person was not returning calls or following up. Even after I got my date I still was running around to get the right paperwork faxed to the right doctors. I'm 9/16 now, Hang in there, a new life is on the Horizon????

It is no big thing that someone can get anxious waiting on this surgery. Shoot, I had to have my axiety med doubled beause all that waiting and going through hoops was such a crazy maker!

Yeah I just feel like I will be a happier person once I'm happy within my own skin

very similar with me, I should have been done a month ago, had to me my own advocated and make endless calls to insurance because my docs office insurance person was not returning calls or following up. Even after I got my date I still was running around to get the right paperwork faxed to the right doctors. I'm 9/16 now, Hang in there, a new life is on the Horizon?dc9c

Thank you so much I'm trying to remind myself that they are just making sure I'm okay for it. But it just sucks when a doctor is concerned for your health when it's like no shit that's why I want the sleeve to improve it!

Hang in there and try to practice more patience. You'll need to be extremely patient with yourself after surgery because the learning curve after sleeve surgery can be very hard. When things get delayed in my life, I smile about it. I really do. I tell myself that the delay saved me somehow from something. It's hard not to feel dissapointed about your date possibly getting pushed back, but things will be ok.

I hope everything turns out fine with the new tests you must undergo, and even moreso that you have a successful surgery and an amazing recovery. Good luck to you.

I really know what you are going through. I've finally just decided not to get my heart set on a certain date because I end up getting terribly discouraged.

My first bariatric appointment was the first week of January. The bariatrician gave me a list of five requirements to complete before surgery could be done. He said I was a great candidate and I wouldn't have to wait too long.

The worst requirement was dental. I've skimmed through the forums on this site quite a bit and have yet to read about anyone else required to get a clean bill of dental health before surgery. My dentist would not give me a clean bill of dental health until I got some broken teeth fixed way in the back. This took 6 visits and cost $1000. However, I did get it done by the end of June.

Another hurdle that elongated my process was the psych evaluation and therapy requirement. I already had my own psychiatrist that I've seen on a monthly basis. So, it was only logical to get him to do the psych evaluation. It took weeks of bugging him to do it until I realized that he had no idea how to do it. He decided to just write a letter saying I was mentally prepared for surgery and knowledgeable about the process. Weeks later, the office called to say that it wasn't enough. I eventually had to pay an independent company to do it and it took another six weeks before they faxed the office the results. By then it was the end of July.

Once the office got my psych eval. results, I was permitted to make the appointment with the bariatric therapist. By Aug 25, I completed those visits and was finally at the last step: insurance approval. I called the office Sept. 5 to ask if my chart was sent to my insurance company. They said they had not yet because the surgeon decided to change my surgery from bypass to a sleeve and was awaiting approval from me (they said they were planning to call me on the same day). I gave my approval and the nurse said the chart was ready now to send to the insurance company and that it could take 4-6 weeks.

I called a week later and found out that OOPS! THEY FORGOT TO SEND OFF MY CHART LAST WEEK. What's another week when you have been waiting since Jan. 5th (I'm being sarcastic). I've recently found out that it takes another 4-6 weeks for chart review after insurance approval.

So yeah, I can understand how you feel like pulling your hair out. I haven't heard of many others waiting this long. My general physician told me yesterday that most bariatric patients have to wait 1-2 years before surgery at the clinic I'm at.

Anyone else a patient at University of Missouri Bariatric in Columbia, Missouri? I would love to hear your experience.

I really know what you are going through. I've finally just decided not to get my heart set on a certain date because I end up getting terribly discouraged.

My first bariatric appointment was the first week of January. The bariatrician gave me a list of five requirements to complete before surgery could be done. He said I was a great candidate and I wouldn't have to wait too long.

The worst requirement was dental. I've skimmed through the forums on this site quite a bit and have yet to read about anyone else required to get a clean bill of dental health before surgery. My dentist would not give me a clean bill of dental health until I got some broken teeth fixed way in the back. This took 6 visits and cost $1000. However, I did get it done by the end of June.

Another hurdle that elongated my process was the psych evaluation and therapy requirement. I already had my own psychiatrist that I've seen on a monthly basis. So, it was only logical to get him to do the psych evaluation. It took weeks of bugging him to do it until I realized that he had no idea how to do it. He decided to just write a letter saying I was mentally prepared for surgery and knowledgeable about the process. Weeks later, the office called to say that it wasn't enough. I eventually had to pay an independent company to do it and it took another six weeks before they faxed the office the results. By then it was the end of July.

Once the office got my psych eval. results, I was permitted to make the appointment with the bariatric therapist. By Aug 25, I completed those visits and was finally at the last step: insurance approval. I called the office Sept. 5 to ask if my chart was sent to my insurance company. They said they had not yet because the surgeon decided to change my surgery from bypass to a sleeve and was awaiting approval from me (they said they were planning to call me on the same day). I gave my approval and the nurse said the chart was ready now to send to the insurance company and that it could take 4-6 weeks.

I called a week later and found out that OOPS! THEY FORGOT TO SEND OFF MY CHART LAST WEEK. What's another week when you have been waiting since Jan. 5th (I'm being sarcastic). I've recently found out that it takes another 4-6 weeks for chart review after insurance approval.

So yeah, I can understand how you feel like pulling your hair out. I haven't heard of many others waiting this long. My general physician told me yesterday that most bariatric patients have to wait 1-2 years before surgery at the clinic I'm at.

Anyone else a patient at University of Missouri Bariatric in Columbia, Missouri? I would love to hear your experience.

Wow that's crazy! I'm very fortunate with the hospital I picked I went in for my first consultation in august and now I'm at my final steps. I just need my cardiologist and pulmonologist to sign off. I'm scheduled the 30th of October but don't find out my approval till the 22