Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight on PreOp diet

Heys guys.....I've been on the pre-op diet for six days now and the only "cheat" I had was to take two small bites out of a McD's hamburger (no bun....just meat & cheese) and I feel like I should have lost more than two pounds in the past 6 days.

Am I expecting too much? Is this normal to NOT lose weigh on a pre-op diet? I'm having 2 Protein Shakes a day (made with water) and 4 oz of lean meat with a half cup of veggies a day. I'm also allowed 2 servings of broth, 2 sugar free popsicles and 2 servings of sugar free Jello but I've only been having the broth and 1 popsicle a day with the Protein shakes and the lean meat/veggies.

I'm getting frustrated over here and wondering if I'm going to be one of those people who no matter what is a very slow loser. Thanks everyone.

I've lost 14 pounds on first five days of pro-op diet. No cheating. I am taking in more than 100g of Protein Drinks each day with sugar free Jello, broth and Crystal Light. Try to get more Protein Drink. Target 4-5 per day.

I would love to get more Protein in but I'm following my Dr's orders. And I swear.....I haven't cheated except for the two small bites of hamburger! No carbs at all!

I've lost 14 pounds on first five days of pro-op diet. No cheating. I am taking in more than 100g of Protein drinks each day with sugar free Jello, broth and Crystal Light. Try to get more Protein drink. Target 4-5 per day.

Congrats on being so close to your surgery day! I would follow the DRs orders, stay off the scales and ride it out. There could be a bajillion reasons why your body is not doing what you think it should be...but you can't control those :unsure: Good luck!

I don't think I have lost any either but have no scales. I cheated once while on my 2 week liquid diet. I am so sedentary though. I feel lousy. My body feels weak and I'm getting irritable. But just have to wait for Wed am. Hopefully it will all be worth it.

Thanks guys.....it's just frustrating. I'll keep my eye on the prize and heck.....I've lost 20 lbs since starting the process in June so I shouldn't complain at all. I think I'll stay off the scale the rest of this week and see what happens. As they say, a watched pot never boils......lol!

I didn't notice a change on the scale until day 5...but of course I go super low carb and then miraculously have a period! I hope that after surgery I have tons of babies lol

I am on day 7 and my scale says I only lost 2 pounds. I did cheat once and put cheese on my broccoli but no sugar or carbs. My doc didn't give me a certain amount of weight to lose but this is depressing. Does your cycle make a difference? I started my cycle day 4

I started my pre op diet today and I wasn't told that it was for losing weight its to help shrink your abdomen and the liver so the doctor has more room to work in there. I am sure you might lose a little bit but I am not looking for it my eye is on the final prize.

So depressed. ???? Went to my my pre-op testing. Surgery on Monday. I have not lost one pound since 8/21. I have been good about my eating. Working out no so much. But zero weight loss on the horrid pre- op diet. Feel like such a loser( not in the good way)????. Has anyone experienced this?

I've been on my preop diet for 10 days now and my scale isn't budging. I feel for you and know exactly where you are coming from.

So depressed. Went to my my pre-op testing. Surgery on Monday. I have not lost one pound since 8/21. I have been good about my eating. Working out no so much. But zero weight loss on the horrid pre- op diet. Feel like such a loser( not in the good way). Has anyone experienced this?

At least you all are doing good sticking to your pre-op diet. Today is day 1 of my pre-op diet and it was an epic fail. I think I actually ate more than if I wasn't dieting.

I think the knowledge that very soon I will be full on a scallop and packet of Sweet-n-Low is making me nervous. (Anyone get that SNL reference?)

I'm going to try to do better tomorrow.