Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like giving up

I know everyone on here has felt this way at some point. I've been doing so good and I'm currently waiting for a response from my insurance for gastric bypass. My starting weight was 410 and I'm now 358 weight goal for surgery is 350. I lost a total of 52 pounds which ain't easy but I want to change my lifestyle. Can someone please help me and give me some words of encouragement. Any advice? Ideas? Thanks in advance ;)

Well it sounds like you have come so far and what you desire is right around the corner. 8 pounds is so doable.... Especially after all the weight you have lost so far.

You are doing fantastic!!!!!! Keep it up.

Thanks hun really means a lot to get some kind words

Edited by Marie8777

You have to be 350 for your insurance to approve you?

If I were you, if the scale isn't moving, talk to your Dr about going on liquids with high Protein for a few weeks.

You can do it!!!

No I don't have to be that weight for the insurance. That's the weight goal the surgeon wants me to be at before surgery. I'm just waiting on the insurance because I just finished doing all the medical exams needed before surgery.

I know everyone on here has felt this way at some point. I've been doing so good and I'm currently waiting for a response from my insurance for gastric bypass. My starting weight was 410 and I'm now 358 weight goal for surgery is 350. I lost a total of 52 pounds which ain't easy but I want to change my lifestyle. Can someone please help me and give me some words of encouragement. Any advice? Ideas? Thanks in advance ;)

Congratulations on your 52lb. weight loss! I suggest looking at meetup.com to find groups in your area that are exercising together, particularly biking or swimming. I'm thinking that would minimize too much stress on your joints, yet make it social and fun. Good luck... you are well on your way!

I just want to say, you have done so well, so far, and I believe you can get past this last hurdle. Congrats and stay focused, you can do it????

Thanks you both very much I'm trying my hardest to stay focused glad I found this site to get some support and ideas :)

I just wanted to say thank you. Your original post in itself was motivation for me!

@Marie8777 We've all been there... the waiting game is tough! I started calling my insurance company and it helped me. They kindlly explained the process, told me the status of my case and even gave me the name and number of the nurse reviewing. I aclled her and explained that my surgery was scheduled for Monday (this was the Thursday before) and that I was really stressing. She had asked some questions earlier in the week and she told me that when they request more information, your file goes to the bottom of the stack again. But, she said since it was so close, she'd put me on the top of the pile and get back to me. About 4 hours later, I got my approval.

It never hurts to call and ask for the status. I think we tend to think of insurance companies as the bad buys who want to deny us, but in my case, they were all extremely helpful and very kind to me. Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a shot.

Best wishes!