Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure where to post this so here I am.

I had the rny in July, 2013. During the procedure my surgeon found I had an umbilical hernia ( I didn't know I had one). Since it was small and not causing me any problems he chose not to do anything with it at that time.

Fast forward 170lbs lighter and one year later the hernia is causing me great pain and has grown to the size if a orange. One of the reasons it has become so big is I had a below the knee amputation a couple of months ago (long story you will find in a couple of older posts) and I am putting strain on my stomach muscles when I go to stand. My surgeon doesn't want to do surgery until after I am fitted with a prosthetic leg because the stomach muscle strain will cause the stitches and mesh to rip right out.

Since seeing my surgeon and him trying to manipulate the hernia back in, I became really sick with diarrhea for six days. I do not know if it was related or if I just had a virus. I also had a low grade fever for several days. Now that I am feeling better as far as the diarrhea, I have this horrible rumbling noise in my stomach around the hernia site whether I have eaten or not. The. hernia is no longer hard or as painful but I still have some burning pain.i have a loss of appetite and food tastes funny to me. I am at a loss as to what to do or who to turn to with this. Does anyone else have or had an umbilical hernia? Any insight is appreciated.

I have one and can relate to the crazy noises and rumblings. Every time I eat I can feel what I think is food passing through. I also have a separation of 8cm between the abdominal muscles. I am seeing a plastic surgeon tomorrow for a date to repair the hernia and to do a tummy tuck/pannilectomy. He will tighten my abdominal muscles.

I have not had fever with this, but I am having Constipation.

Last year I had a small bowel obstruction and ventral hernia. I was very sick-- pain, throwing up and severe constipation. That was an emergency. Listen to your body and call your surgeon if something seems wrong.

Hope you continue to heal.

I have one and can relate to the crazy noises and rumblings. Every time I eat I can feel what I think is food passing through. I also have a separation of 8cm between the abdominal muscles. I am seeing a plastic surgeon tomorrow for a date to repair the hernia and to do a tummy tuck/pannilectomy. He will tighten my abdominal muscles. I have not had fever with this, but I am having Constipation. Last year I had a small bowel obstruction and ventral hernia. I was very sick-- pain, throwing up and severe constipation. That was an emergency. Listen to your body and call your surgeon if something seems wrong. Hope you continue to heal.

Thank you for your response, sassy. My surgeon did tell me to call immediately if it became strangulated. I asked him how would I know. His reply, "Oh you'll know!". Constipation, Fever, Severe Pain. Well I don't have a fever anymore, pain has lessened, and no constipation. Just this awful gurgling and rumbling. I guess I'll just sit back and try to relax. Hopefully I will be fitted with my prosthetic leg soon and then get this hernia resolved.

Well I ended up having the hernia surgery on Thursday. I'm going home today! Gastric Bypass was a breeze compared to this. This is by far the worst pain I've ever had in my life! Glad it's over and I'm on my way to recovering!

Well I ended up having the hernia surgery on Thursday. I'm going home today! Gastric Bypass was a breeze compared to this. This is by far the worst pain I've ever had in my life! Glad it's over and I'm on my way to recovering!

Glad you are almost home! I'm sure every day will be better!

I had it done about a 2 yrs ago. It really is a rough recovery. It's sucks hope your feeling better now