Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My rny was Monday and today one of my incisions is bleeding/oozing small amount (I can see it on my shirt in little drops)... It looks like the glue has worn off in that area. It is red but not much redder than when I was released. Any advice?

Does it feel hard underneath the skin there? Is the area warm feeling underneath? If you push on it does more puss come out? If the answers are yes, then you have an abscess and need to call your surgeon to have it drained. You may or may not have a fever with it as well.

Contact your surgeon immediately to report this and ask what you should do.

Blood and oozing is not good.

Check to see if you have a fever or not also.

Take care and let us know what happens.

I started to have blood and oozing from my incisions, paged the doctor and he said it was a normal part of healing. I would even push on them and make more come out. If it is greenish and foul smelling, that is a sign of infection. Just to be safe call your doc and let them know.

Leaking incisions are not a normal part of healing.

They are generally abscess. I have one right now. My surgeon had to open it, clean it out and pack it on Monday. Im on a course of antibiotics and have a visiting nurse who comes out daily to change the packing and clean it.

I've had surgeries before (band and band removal) incisions draining need to be taken seriously and treated.

Please get a second opinion.

Leaking incisions are not a normal part of healing.

They are generally abscess. I have one right now. My surgeon had to open it, clean it out and pack it on Monday. Im on a course of antibiotics and have a visiting nurse who comes out daily to change the packing and clean it.

I've had surgeries before (band and band removal) incisions draining need to be taken seriously and treated.

Please get a second opinion.

I was just stating what my doctor told me, a person who has performed over 4000 bariatric surgeries. He was also Duke fellowship trained. They are one of the best bariatric programs in the country. So I think he may know a little something. I oozed and absolutely had no problems.

Hi :)

My drain hole oozed for several days. The area around it is still red as it heals. Dr. checked me out and said it was fine. My oozing stopped after a several days. if the oozing changed color - greenish and had an odor to it, I was instructed to call.

He did say to clean it with 1/2 hydrogen peroxide/1/2 Water, but I never did. Was checked again this past week and everything is good. Glue is coming off and so are some of the scabs. All normal.

When in doubt call - only you know how your body has changed!

My dr instructed me to cover the incisions w gauze and keep them dry. Small amounts if blood was not a concern. I'm still hurting but it's getting better every day