Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tighter when stressed?

I am currently organising my wedding (which is 2 months away) and am having a generally stressful time in all other areas of my life (work, my relationship, my friends and so on).

I've no appetite at all, but I am making myself eat 3 times a day because I know I have to, I'll get sick otherwise. But I have found that even found that eating half of what I normally do is making me feel quite ill. I'm not PBing, but I have a teerrible aching feeling in my stomach. I am worried though, last night I was drinking a glass of Water about 2.5 hours after dinner (had maybe 200mls) and I felt a horrible ache in my stomach. I paced around my house for about 10 minutes and then had to run to the bathroom where I dry retched. In the end only a little Water came up, no food.

I am SO stressed out right now and it is not only having an affect on my relationship, but its seems also my band :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you fix it (the band side of things I mean). I know I'm not too full - its not that at all.

Stress is a big big big factor in how tight you are. I know someone that can't possibly eat meals with her young sons because she closes up tight. She has to eat in another room. (Making the little darlings behave might resolve the problem)

For me if I am tight in the AM and I'm thirsty and can't drink Water I run on my treadmill for 10 minutes. Same thing when I'm stressed. For some reason it works for me. My original thinking was that if we are tight in the AMs after laying still and sleeping all night, maybe exercise would help. It does, for me anyway.

ABSOUTELY!!!! If I am anxious, nervous or really mad- it is tighter!!

Same here. Stress affects your entire life, including your band. You'll just have to find a way to relax...take a walk outside or read a magazine...something. You talk about dry heaving...I'm not trying to make you feel worse but that is not good for your band at all. So, hang in there and keep repeating "I think I can...I think I can"!! You'll get through this!

Thanks guys.

I know that the heaving isn't good for my band, I was thinking that as I was doing it - "Oh man this is no good". Thankfully it was only the once and in my banded life I have only PBed one time too. So I don't think it would have done any damage.

That aside though, I felt terrible afterwards. I just went to bed (it was like 9:30pm). I try to go to the gym when I need to get it all out but it wasn't an option yesterday. Perhaps meditation might be something to try. I don't know....I'm a bit, uh, lost right now. Sigh.

It's weird how things effect the band. Stress...definately. Menstrual cycles...yup! A stressful menstrual cycle....forget about it! LOL!!

Take a warm bath if you can. It seems to help calm the nerves and somehow affects my band when it gets too tight. I have no idea why.

I just found this out this last week when two close cousins of mind died 2 days apart from eachother. I was so overwhelmed with grief that I felt my stomach tighten like a spazum....

When I went to the wake, my DH tried to get me to eat a small bowl of soup.... after two bites, my stomach seized up....

I am doing fine now, but it was a stressful time.

Found that when I listen to soothing music and take deep breaths, I am looser.....

Take a warm bath if you can. It seems to help calm the nerves and somehow affects my band when it gets too tight. I have no idea why.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I can't actually submerse my body in Water because I have incredbily dry severe eczema prone skin. The Water dries it out too much and I end up with cronic rashes and need steriod cream to fix it (I try to stay away from it as much as I can). I haven't had a bath in years (I do shower though lol).