Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Later...600 calories?

So It's a year later...I'm down 130lbs...i have came so far in one year,however my worry is at my 6 month check up my Dr said to stay in the 600 calorie range (im assuming because i started at such a high weight and have so much to lose)...i lost most of my weight within the first 7 months,had my checkup in late november...december and january i lost NOTHING even though i stayed at 600 calories and 70 grams of Protein a day and i work out at least 4-5 days a week for an hr and try to do at least 3miles...february and march i lost a few more but stayed at minimal carbs ( i have realized i will never be able to have many)...April i would bounce between a pound or two and go back and forth for a couple weeks then finally lost 4lbs....its been so frustrating!!! I have read many times to not change what you're doing(calories and exercise) so I dont, I upped my calories by 200 a couple times to try to get things going and I started doing more at the gym....I have my 1 year check up next week and hoping he can help me, I can't help but wonder if Im hurting myself more by staying at 600 calories, when I read on here most people are at least 800-1000 calories a day....are others having this same problem? I just want to start losing again and of course my worst fear is how can i be doing what I'm supposed to be and not getting anywhere...surely it can't be over???!!!

I couldn't function on less than 850 calories per day and that was right after surgery. Now 1 year out I have been eating 1200 calories per day and my weight loss has also slowed. I am upping my calories to 1400 per day to see if that helps. I think our bodies need time to catch up and it sounds like you are doing all the right things. I hope your doctor gives you some options to change to jump start your weight loss again.

Thanks, I hope so too! So each time you up your calories do you start losing again? I guess it can't hurt much to try, I just have a feeling I've been at the same calories and stuff for so long that my body is used to it and doesn't do anthing...i dont gain but not losing much either...however while not losing lbs i have lost a couple pant sizes, but seeing it on that scale would help the anxiety i have over it!

When I was 2-4 weeks post surgery and only getting 550-650 I don't lose hardly a thing. Once I was able to hit 800+ (4 wks) I would lose much quicker. I'm now 2-1/2 months post surgery, I get 750 on a low day and 950 calories on a high day. I always lose more the days/weeks I eat more calories. I can't imagine being your size and only getting 600 calories in at a year out (I am your size, by the way. Started 347, today I'm 276.) maybe your stomach is much smaller but, man, my surgeon wants me getting in 1100-1300 healthy calories as soon as I can.