Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery set for may 29th

Im 43 female weigh 255 at 5 10 bmi 37. Im so excited to be starting this journey. Looking for support n the way.

I'm 43 also, I'm hoping to get a surgery date this summer!

I am also sched for 5/29. 49 years old and super excited and nervous at same time! Would love to be a buddy!

I am also scheduled for the 29th! I can't believe it's finally here! Nervous, but looking forward to having it done and moving on. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Good luck all! So much running thru my head to sleep. Will keep everyone posted over the next few days. Ready to just be on the other side.

I had my blood work thos morning and seeing surgeon tonsign consents today. Tomorrow have a liquid diet. Iv been watching lots of youtube videos. What are you guys doing to prepare.

I feel that I have spent a lot of time trying to familiarize myself with all the different stages and what to expect- before, after and longer periods of time and what each looks like, more or less. I've also spent a huge amount of time reading medical information and books as well as listening to what people have to say on blogs and YouTube and weeding through what I thought would apply to me. In the last few weeks, I've tried to compile some beginner recipes and food ideas into a book and I'm buying myself a journal tomorrow to keep track of intake over the next few weeks- brings me back to the baby days! Good luck to everyone! I get a call tomorrow to let me know what time to report to the hospital on Thursday. No preop instructions. I've had a lot of mixed emotions today. It's so appealing and exactly what I want but I can't help but worry about the changes and how they will all play out. Just being honest ???? good luck to everyone

I'm 29th also so how are all of the May 29ers doing 3 days out?

I'm 29th also so how are all of the May 29ers doing 3 days out?

Hey all-

I am having a tougher time if it than I anticipated. Anyone else have horrible reflux?

I can't stomach much of anything. No where near my Fluid or Protein goals. Just reached out to surgeon and team. Hopefully today will be a better day.

I'm not getting in all of my Protein, even adding Protein powder too my shakes. I am steadily drinking flavored Water whenever I'm not drinking Protein so I'm staying hydrated. I need to start tracking my intake of both because I know my doc and nut will ask me for that info when I see both of them in appts next week.

Finally had to take a suppository to get things moving below. Feel pretty good otherwise except for abdomen pain.

Hi everyone! Hope that you're all doing well! For these first two weeks, I'm allowed to do Clear liquids only. I'm not allowed Protein shakes, but I am allowed Protein Water so I've been drinking already made Isopure from gnc- it's liquid with no consistency. It has 40 grams of protein for the bottle which may take you half day to drink but just an idea if you're having a hard time with shakes that have more consistency and need the protein.

I've been able to sip, sip and sip some more. I do feel that if I take a bigger sip I do get a little discomfort so I'm trying to manage that. I was a gulper before! I also realized that very cold is a bit harder to take right now. Cool is better ; )

I've spoken to enough people that have had his surgery and have really given me a good perspective about how hard the beginning is and how much easier it gets. My best to all of you.