Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 5th.. Any surgery twins? Some concerns

Hello! My surgery was this past Monday May 5th and Tomorrow will be 6 days post op. I was feeling great until about Thursday I developed a Migraine and since have had a lingering headache and a lot of dizziness and just feeling like crap. I wondered if that was normal? Also today I had some gas come back into my shoulder which I haven't had since day 2. Just a little alarming.

I had a headache for the first 5 days. The doctor said it was from the anesthesia. Haven't had one since. The gas could have come back form possibly not moving around a lot? I know its hard to walk and move with an excruciating headache. The first couple of weeks is tough anyway, give it some time. You will do great.

Okay thanks for tip. I'm trying to get in as much Fluid as possible but it is very hard!!!! I had a breaking point today I just felt so weak and all I wanted to do was eat. I was so hungry from only eating Clear Liquids. Tomorrow I'm gonna try some creamed Soups and solid drinks that should help my headache too. It's all mental and I never thought it would be this hard.

I'm a twin and I also have had a huge headache all week along with a Migraine today. I have a sensitivity to aspertain and with being on this liquid diet there is allot of aspertain in the Jello, popsicles, even the broth. Today has been the pits. I have had abdominal gas pains all day which finally resulted in diarrhea.....the worst I've ever had. I would love some feed back.

Wow sorry to hear your going thru the same thing as me. My headaches are very mild now. Knock on wood! And I too have had terrible gas pains all day which resulted in traveling up to my shoulder again. It is subsiding but my dr told me if it's not gone by Monday to call. I have had diarrhea almost every time I urinate that started a few days ago. It is completely liquid. Which they say liquid in liquid out so that is normal but I am having A lot... Also all day today I have felt my stomach and intestines gurgle and toss and turn it feels like. Are you experiencing this? I was also told that was normal

I am having the same gurgling. And with the diarrhea I'm afraid to go to far from the bathroom. I already had a wild experience. I got out of the hospital on Tuesday and I kept telling myself I needed to make sure to dispose of the pre op liquid diet sugar full Jello because I was afraid I would mix them up......well guess what my hubbies made me sugar free jello the day I got home and I was really enjoying the taste, ask day. Then about 10pm Tuesday night I got super duper cramps, sweating,palpitations and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. Oh my God what a mess and I felt horrible. After 3 hours in the bathroom and scrubbing everything in my path, it stopped. Lying in bed I remembered about the dumping syndrome. Then I asked my hubbie what bowl he made the sugar free jello in and it was NOT the one I was eating out of....my first mistake. This is defiantly a learning experience.

That's crazy! See I was told only bypass patients had dumping syndrome? Good to know they want you avoiding sugar due to calories but maybe because are stomachs are so traumatized right now it couldn't digest all that. I am super hungry though I haven't felt full yet. What are some things you've been eating??

I had my surgery May 5th and I am having a problem with my right leg, it feels numb. It feels better when I walk more but when I lay down or sit down my leg becomes numb again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Actually yesterday was my first hunger pain. I have been eating sugar free jello...lol, strained Lipton noodle Soup, popsicles, ice chips and I added unflavored pedialyte at the suggestion of the nurse. She thought that may help the headache. Funny thing I had a dream that I was so hungry I grabbed some broiled chicken breast and chewed it and spit it out.

I was wondering, how are you handling mothers day. I haven't told my family about the surgery because they would not be supportive. Our tradition is going out for lunch. I said I would go and just order broth but honestly I don't feel up to going. I'm too afraid to leave home at this point and I don't think I can mask the pain yet.

Well instead of going out to eat which is torture at this point my family is making ribs and corn on cob for them and my mom got me some cream of crab Soup. My nutritionist said I can purée the soup to make it a liquid purée which I cannot wait for. She also said I could use the healthy choice veggie soup purée it and heat up for more of solid food but texturized. I called her freaking out today because I'm just hungry. I'm tired of Popsicles, Jello, applesauce and Campbell's chicken broth.

Also gonna get some Adkins Protein Shakes and sugar free hot coco tomorrow. Have you had any problems with skin milk? I can't tell if my tummy likes it or not yet

Lidia I have not experienced numbness but I had a lot of soreness and weakness in my right leg for first few days. I drank Calcium (skim milk) and that seemed to help. I would probably get the numbness checked out though. Are you on blood thinners??

My doctor isn't showing me to start on the thicker liquid until Monday. It's amazing how different doctors order can be. I'm curious have you weighed yourself yet. I'm down 9.5 pounds.

Also forgot to say. I'm actually lactose intolerant before surgery so when I get the ok I will be using Lactase dairy products.

I've been having headaches too. Not really bad ones.. but enough that they're annoying. That's pretty much why I kept taking my pain meds every 4 hours or so.. I don't have much surgical site pain, but the headaches! I wanted to just ward those off if I could. I think some of it stems from being a diet pepsi fiend before surgery. I love diet pepsi and drank at least 1 or 2, if not 3 or 4, a day. Add the fact that I'm cut off from caffeine to not really eating much, and yeah.. not very fun. Were you a caffeine drinker before surgery? Maybe that's a factor for you as well..