Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I am officially three weeks out from my surgery date of 4/21. I've had my share of ups and downs but I need to do a 360 and change my mindset about my expectations for myself for the rest of my life. the only way to change our circmstances is to change the way we view them. If you wish to have positive result from evne the worse situtaions in life you must be able to view them optimistically. Starting today I am optimistic that I will meet my Protein requirements everyday, I will follow my NUT's diet plan to the letter, only progressing to new and different textures of food when it is safe to do so. I will walk two miles everyday until I get back up to my five miles per day that was my norm when I was fit and healthy, and I will no longer complain.

Since I first began this journey in February weighing in at 305 lbs I have lost 32 lbs, today I weighed myself and I am down to 263lbs. I should be celebrating, happy, estatic to have lost so much weight in such a short amount of time after trying unsuccessfully for years to lose 20 lbs. Today I move up to pureed foods so yesterday I prepared my grilled salmon and pureed it along with some sweet potatoes and lima Beans (not all together of course). I portioned it all out and put it in ice trays to have it handy when I am ready for a meal. It's 12 noon and I am not hungry but I'm going to sign off and have my lunch now.

This morning I prepared my Protein Drink, 8 oz. with Lactaid milk and half of a banana and I drank the entire glass with no nausea, I've already had 24 oz of Water which was never a real problem I love drinking ice cold water but immediately after surgery it was difficult. I'm changing the way I look at WLS and I am grateful for this intervention. I will still share my concerns and questions but I promise you I have nothing to be negative about. I feel my good health and energy slowly returning and for me this is reason to give thanks to God for knowledge and wisdom and to feel good about myself and my life from this day forward. God bless each of you and I pray that we all will find our happy medium and allow it to flow into each day of our lives filling us with hope and inspiration!!!

Best of luck to us both, I am 3 weeks out also and today I woke up and said to myself " it's a one day at a time recovery" and I will quit comparing myself to my friends who are 1-2 yrs post op and remind myself they to started off slow like me. I need to be more patient with myself. And great for your weight loss :) your doing great. We can't rush the new learning process.

I

Today I am officially three weeks out from my surgery date of 4/21. I've had my share of ups and downs but I need to do a 360 and change my mindset about my expectations for myself for the rest of my life. the only way to change our circmstances is to change the way we view them. If you wish to have positive result from evne the worse situtaions in life you must be able to view them optimistically. Starting today I am optimistic that I will meet my Protein requirements everyday, I will follow my NUT's diet plan to the letter, only progressing to new and different textures of food when it is safe to do so. I will walk two miles everyday until I get back up to my five miles per day that was my norm when I was fit and healthy, and I will no longer complain.

Since I first began this journey in February weighing in at 305 lbs I have lost 32 lbs, today I weighed myself and I am down to 263lbs. I should be celebrating, happy, estatic to have lost so much weight in such a short amount of time after trying unsuccessfully for years to lose 20 lbs. Today I move up to pureed foods so yesterday I prepared my grilled salmon and pureed it along with some sweet potatoes and lima Beans (not all together of course). I portioned it all out and put it in ice trays to have it handy when I am ready for a meal. It's 12 noon and I am not hungry but I'm going to sign off and have my lunch now.

This morning I prepared my Protein Drink, 8 oz. with Lactaid milk and half of a banana and I drank the entire glass with no nausea, I've already had 24 oz of Water which was never a real problem I love drinking ice cold Water but immediately after surgery it was difficult. I'm changing the way I look at WLS and I am grateful for this intervention. I will still share my concerns and questions but I promise you I have nothing to be negative about. I feel my good health and energy slowly returning and for me this is reason to give thanks to God for knowledge and wisdom and to feel good about myself and my life from this day forward. God bless each of you and I pray that we all will find our happy medium and allow it to flow into each day of our lives filling us with hope and inspiration!!!

I like your positive vibe on here. Sometimes the biggest obstacle is ourselves. You are so right this is a time for renewal and an overall with our thoughts and actions. You are doing wonderfully - super inspiring!! any tips you can share on the first few days is appreciated. Wishes for continued success!

Edited by AlwaysLorri

Glo aren't you only 2 weeks out? I had my surgery 4/15 and tomorrow marks 3 weeks for me. Your progress and attitude even better!!! Your are doing great!!!

Glo aren't you only 2 weeks out? I had my surgery 4/15 and tomorrow marks 3 weeks for me. Your progress and attitude even better!!! Your are doing great!!!

Hi Amy, yes this is the beginning of my third week since my surgery on the 21st. I'm not fully three weeks out but I'm more than two weeks out if that makes any sense. Thank you so much for the compliment on my attitude change. My great-grandmother turned 102 years old yesterday and when someone asked her how she dealt with life's ups and downs she said she always finds the good in any situation and she uses that good to help her change how she looks at something. I'm losing weight, my energy is returning, and best of all I'm alive with each day promising that if I continue Doing as I am now my life will improve and time will be added to it. My great-grandmother still cooks and cleans and drives her car with another licensed driver on Sundays when she goes to church. I want to live my life to the fullest as she does hers.

I I like your positive vibe on here. Sometimes the biggest obstacle is ourselves. You are so right this is a time for renewal and an overall with our thoughts and actions. You are doing wonderfully - super inspiring!! any tips you can share on the first few days is appreciated. Wishes for continued success!

Hi Lorri, a positive attitude is what keeps me focused on the good things that I usually don't notice in my life. Since surgery I've noticed that I sleep all night, I don't get up constantly to go to the bathroom, and I can walk five blocks without back pain and stopping to catch my breath. Change is occurring and it's wonderful but I felt myself getting caught up in a cycle of complaining about doing the things that are going to help me maintain all I've gained by having WLS. God bless you and I wish you much success in your journey to health and wellness. Oh yeah, a very big tip for after surgery is to not expect the things that others are going thru to happen to you and if they do, call your doctor immediately, share with others to get support and encouragement to help you get through it, and do your best to stick to your doctor and NUT plan for recovery. After surgery your body will need at least a week or more to lose all of the Fluid weight you'll gain from the surgery, walk as soon as you can while in the hospital it helps with gas and getting your equilibrium back after surgery. And last but not least remember why you're having the surgery especially when the pain and nausea seem to be at its worst. You can do this you've made it this far, you will be overjoyed when you begin to shed inches and pounds!!!

Best of luck to us both, I am 3 weeks out also and today I woke up and said to myself " it's a one day at a time recovery" and I will quit comparing myself to my friends who are 1-2 yrs post op and remind myself they to started off slow like me. I need to be more patient with myself. And great for your weight loss :) your doing great. We can't rush the new learning process.

Yes Lisavz, that's the spirit!!! I tend to find myself comparing myself to my neighbor who had her surgery in November and was hospitalized twice for dehydration and her incision rupturing before she finally got it all under control and began to lose weight. She's lost 75 lbs but she does not work out because she says she's too busy. She went through way more than I did to get to where she is now. I just want to be positive and share my story here with everyone. Hopefully I will inspire someone or encourage someone to give it their all and make this awesome change in their life. God bless you and all the best as you begin your WLS journey !!!

As usual MrsGloMartin you are reminding me of how to behave!!! I appreciate your information and your positive attitude is infectious!!! I will change my mind set and stop feeling sorry for myself!!! The pity party is over!

As usual MrsGloMartin you are reminding me of how to behave!!! I appreciate your information and your positive attitude is infectious!!! I will change my mind set and stop feeling sorry for myself!!! The pity party is over!

Msshellg, when do you ever complain or be negative? I must have missed a couple of your posts lol. But seriously, I was making myself depressed feeling defeated and down. I knew this was going to be a challenge for me. I've been addicted to sweet, fatty foods for years now and it once seemed impossible for me to imagine ever being healthy again. Now I've begun this journey I'm gonna Celebrate the losses and gains and work hard to reach my goal weight if 130 lbs by this time next year or sooner. I know I can do it and so can you, but we have to be willing to put in the hard work if we want to reach our goals. I'll probably post some pics on Friday when my daughter arrives from Mexico to visit me for Mothers Day so I can share my new look with everyone. Have a great veining and don't forget to celebrate the new you everyday!!!