Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OPs who never respond

If you start a thread/topic and complain, remark or ask a question, please try to come back and respond to the forum members who took their time to answer or respond to your post? It's just rude and inconsiderate to post a question and then never acknowledge the responses. :angry:

totally agree tmf!

If you start a thread/topic and complain, remark or ask a question

@@2muchfun

hey dude :)

i never thought of your comment to people not responding to the responder ;)

95% of the time i do get some sort of response or a check mark saying "like this"

i think that "like this" is enough of anknowledgement

also there are some long going wonderful threads, that the initial poster can't possibly reply to others :blink:

i think its horrible, horrible, horrible when someone "takes the time" to write a long question, / new thread and no one responds (indcluding me :wacko: )

while we're on the "writing subject" - to all of you that don't post or say too much..on the board

you know who you are!!!! ;)

step it up!!! whats the matter with you??! get in the game plan!!!! :lol:

/Iwe wanna hear your words/questions of knowledge too!!!! ;)

hope to see and hear more from you great sleevers!!!!@

my fingers are getting old and tired!!! :( :D :D

btw - 50 lbs gone

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

I'll tell you what gets my goat...

(and not in a good, curried kinda way)

It's when people PM you. But not just any PM. But a sentence or two, which incorporates a million generalist questions, all of which they could find out the answers to, if they could bother their arses to search.

But no, my duty of care kicks in (thinking of all the possible reasons as to why someone really couldn't find their way to search for 'types of bariatric surgery available', or something equally banal) and I spend 25-45 valuable minutes of my life explaining the ins and outs of a ducks backside, in the hope that I've given them fair and balanced information.

So what have I got in response?

'Thank you'

'Much appreciated'

at WORST - a 'like' (which, incidentally and in this instance would be wholly insufficient. I am not paid to be individuals' researcher or counsellor, so a 'like' would actually be incredibly rude - in my books)

I have gotten...

TOTAL....

TUMBLEWEED! :angry:

I have been tempted to respond to people like this and not in a good way.. But then I'm comforted by the righteous thought.. 'No, you did the right thing..'

But after being bitten like that twice - I have sussed that if people come with 'generalisms' in their questioning, they're invariably lazy.

if they're searching for specifics, and have read enough of my posts to make specific reference to areas they were confused/hurt/offended by/ laughed at/worried about, then I know that they're genuinely in need and the arse will once again, be bothered to help.

So YEAH! Start answering tumbleweeders! :blink:

Maybe the OP read what they needed to and a response was not needed? Who knows but don't let it get to you not everyone has good manners...

I love the "content I follow" option for just that reason. It keeps me on track with my threads, my next click is "new content". The programs even make it easy to follow up on your threads/posts. :)

I rely on my phone all day receiving texts and e-mails in constant communication with updates on patients and other current information.....last thing I need when I'm in clinic is to have my phone vibrate with responses to threads I follow or post....

For that reason I have the "Notification" feature on this forum disabled.....and when I come back a day or two later to browse around, any threads I have been part of are buried and hard to find....

I don't see why anyone would get PO'd or annoyed by anything here. I try to follow up on things but sometimes I get busy and it could be days before I can check in again. There is often so much activity it's hard to follow it all. I don't get angry if someone says something I don't like or doesn't respond to my questions. Why would I be offended? We don't know each other and are not likely to ever meet. These forums are sometimes informative, sometimes interesting, and sometimes funny. It's nice to get advise, sympathy, encouragement, and share tips and/or recipes, but these things, while helpful, are not crucial to my success and well-being. It's not a substitute for real human interaction. And it's most definitely not a substitute for professional advice from my medical team. It's only an online forum after all. All that being said, I DO enjoy it and pop in when I can. :-)

I rely on my phone all day receiving texts and e-mails in constant communication with updates on patients and other current information.....last thing I need when I'm in clinic is to have my phone vibrate with responses to threads I follow or post....

For that reason I have the "Notification" feature on this forum disabled.....and when I come back a day or two later to browse around, any threads I have been part of are buried and hard to find....

if you click the little wheel by your user name it will open a drop down menu there is an option of "content I follow" and every post you are active in will pop up, the ones with replies will be at the top.

I don't see why anyone would get PO'd or annoyed by anything here. I try to follow up on things but sometimes I get busy and it could be days before I can check in again. There is often so much activity it's hard to follow it all. I don't get angry if someone says something I don't like or doesn't respond to my questions. Why would I be offended? We don't know each other and are not likely to ever meet. These forums are sometimes informative, sometimes interesting, and sometimes funny. It's nice to get advise, sympathy, encouragement, and share tips and/or recipes, but these things, while helpful, are not crucial to my success and well-being. It's not a substitute for real human interaction. And it's most definitely not a substitute for professional advice from my medical team. It's only an online forum after all. All that being said, I DO enjoy it and pop in when I can. :-)

"Why would I be offended?" Since you placed a ? behind the sentence I assume you expected a reply. First, isn't it swell I responded to your question? Of course, we can't read all responses and respond to every little ? mark but when someone starts a topic with "HELP!!!!!!, PLEASE HELP ME!!!???" but then they disappear never to acknowledge the several posts from people who took the time to post a short or in many cases, long reply offering advice and recommendations, I think it's only considerate the OP acknowledged that time spent. But that's just me! And, I don't waste a lot of energy over my disappointment that my 1-5 minute response goes unread, but I wanted to rant a little bit over just a few bad apples. jmo