Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many CCs in your bands?

I just went for a second fill and I now have about 6ccs.. Just wonder what most people have?

IRW- I'm assuming you have the VG band that holds 10cc. I have the 10cm band that holds 4cc. I haven't had a fill yet BUT I read in the Inamed handbook that the procedure for doing fill is that the first fill should be half of the maximum that the band holds then 2nd fill half of that, then 3rd fill half of the 2nd fill and so forth.

So for me it would be first fill 2cc then 2nd fill 1cc, then 3rd fill .5cc

I'm sure this varies greatly per person, hope this helps

Goodluck!

Thank you... was just wondering because when I asked I couldn't seem to get a straight answer about what size my band is.. I will look at that site as well...

Thanks so much fro input... I was just curious about the different sizes etc.. I guess now I have 6cc in the VG band... hope it works as the last week I gained weight..

It took me 6 fills to get to my good restrcition level, it may take some time to get there. In my opinion its better to take your time geting there than to have a band that is too full and be vomiting all the time and not being able to eat at all!

Oh I agree... however after my first fill of 2.5cc it was too tight and I called and it was unfilled 1cc within a couple of hours. I live very close to the medical center where all was done..

my first fill was 1cc and just had my second fill of 1.3cc yesterday. My band actually absorbed .9cc from the first fill. Right now the fill is just right alot of restriction but I start real food tomorrow. So we'll see.

I was just banded yesterday. My doctor told me that he would be using the 10cc at my preop appt. I was confused as well.

He said 98% of the time he uses the 10cc. He would only use the 4cc on a small anatomy.

3.2 in a 5cc. band.

First fill @ 6 weeks 1.7 cc. lost about 27 before fill

Second fill @ 5 months 1.0 cc. lost about 50 total with fill

Third fill @ 9 months .6 cc. as of today 3 weeks after fill lost 73 lbs total!!!

Dancing Queen

Dr. Rumbaut

June 27, 2006

257/184c/145

I was just banded yesterday. My doctor told me that he would be using the 10cc at my preop appt. I was confused as well.

He said 98% of the time he uses the 10cc. He would only use the 4cc on a small anatomy.

Dr. T used the Vanguard (VG) band for me, too. There is a fills thread "just for us" here at LBT. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/vg-10-cc-t23184.html I think that ought to get ya there, if you want to read about fills with the VGband. For my 1st fill, he added 4cc to the VG band, with 10cc being the max. Of course other people have said that it can hold more than 10cc, so what do I know! :lol:

8cc in a 10cc band. Had 6 fills during the past 2 years I've been banded.

niki