Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble finding my Multi-V match

I got sleeved in December and am down 50 pounds so far. My problem is that I can't find a Multi-v that I like. Before the surgery, I was taking Gummy v's but afterward they said I couldn't take them anymore. Can't remember why... Maybe because it contains sugar? I've tried the Celebrate chewable tablets because my Dr.'s office provided them but I couldn't keep them down. The chalkiness of it didn't sit well with me. I've also tried liquid and pill Multi-v's. I either almost choke trying to swallow the pill (I'd cut the big one in half) or spit up the liquid because of the taste. Any recommendations? I maybe just go back to the gummy...

I got sleeved in December and am down 50 pounds so far. My problem is that I can't find a Multi-v that I like. Before the surgery, I was taking Gummy v's but afterward they said I couldn't take them anymore. Can't remember why... Maybe because it contains sugar? I've tried the Celebrate chewable tablets because my Dr.'s office provided them but I couldn't keep them down. The chalkiness of it didn't sit well with me. I've also tried liquid and pill Multi-v's. I either almost choke trying to swallow the pill (I'd cut the big one in half) or spit up the liquid because of the taste. Any recommendations? I maybe just go back to the gummy...

I tried bariatric chewable vitamins And I can't stomach them. But the ones I love that I found are Centrum Flavor bursts. Taste great, they are small and don't make me sick. And they aren't gummies. I buy the berry flavor but they also have tropical.

I really really like Balanced Essentials (by Heaven Sent Naturals at Vitamin World) and my second choice is Alive liquid. They both taste amazing...almost like juice and they are packed with so many vital nutrients, way more than you get in ANY chewable. I tried several chewables and unless they cost a fortune, they are gross and don't have but like 22 Vitamins in them anyway! Balanced Essentials has something like 35 Vitamins and 60 nutrients (trick your body in to thinking you live and eat from a garden all day long). It makes a heck of a difference, I wouldn't lie to you. You won't need any other supplement using this...not even Biotin for your hair. This has made my hair really strong and thick, the only thing Biotin did was keep my hair from falling out. Whatever is in this bottle makes my hair, skin and finger nails look better than they have in years.

Edited by PrettyThick1

I take pre natal instead, chewables from Puritans Pride

I haven't taken a Multivitamin yet.. (My dr told me to wait til 1 month post op) but I've also heard the prenatals are the best for bariatric patients.

I have no problems using Gummy Vitamins. I use vita-fusion multi-vits, Calcium, and power C. Which ever you choose. Good luck.

I am band patient...

Anyways, I can only take the Gummy Vitamins as those are the only ones without Zinc. Any other Vitamin that I take with even just 2.5 mg of Zinc I'll become extremely nauseated.

I can't do Zycam or certain lozenges either.

If you can't stomach the others might want to revisit your doctor to see if you can go back to the gummy kind. Something with sugar should be better than nothing at all. Again I'm a band patient so sleeve requirements might be different. :)

I really really like Balanced Essentials (by Heaven Sent Naturals at Vitamin World) and my second choice is Alive liquid. They both taste amazing...almost like juice and they are packed with so many vital nutrients, way more than you get in ANY chewable. I tried several chewables and unless they cost a fortune, they are gross and don't have but like 22 Vitamins in them anyway! Balanced Essentials has something like 35 Vitamins and 60 nutrients (trick your body in to thinking you live and eat from a garden all day long). It makes a heck of a difference, I wouldn't lie to you. You won't need any other supplement using this...not even Biotin for your hair. This has made my hair really strong and thick, the only thing Biotin did was keep my hair from falling out. Whatever is in this bottle makes my hair, skin and finger nails look better than they have in years.

Hey I know this is an old post, but chose balanced essentials based on the help of the consultant at Vitamin world along with your post...but i was wondering do you take the recommended dose of balanced essentials or double due to the amounts we bariatric patients need?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I actually take a little more than the recommended amount - which I think is 1 cap full? I have as much as 1 1/2 to 2 cap fulls depending on how I've been eating. It won't hurt you, whatever you don't need comes out in your urine.

No, I haven't taken Calcium citrate in ages. Balanced Essentials does it all for me, you should find the same to be true for you.

My surgeon's office recommends flintstones complete. I take 2 in the morning each day as recommended. I am a bypass patient, but they now recommend that for sleevers too. I tried to use generic Flintstones, but I couldn't stand the taste. I like the actual Flintstones flavor so I don't have to choke them down.

pam