AZ - Phoenix Central Area

Anyone interested in starting a group in Central Phoenix. Would love to connect and willing to host/coordinate meetings.

Let me know!

j~

• Like 4

Anyone interested in starting a group in Central Phoenix. Would love to connect and willing to host/coordinate meetings. Let me know! j~

. Would love this !! Def need some support here in AZ

misswifey21 Awesome! ANYONE who is interested just private message me your email address and we can start there.

I would love to get a group together. It's been 2 years since I had my lapband and I still have about 20 lbs to lose. Need the support and could use the motivation!

Thanks for responding Misswifey. Looking forward to getting to know you. 157 lbs loss is great!

Julie

Please PM me if you'd like to lead or co-lead this support group!

• Like 1

Here in Goodyear AZ having surgery Friday May 16th, a local chapter sounds great.

Will they ever create a Tucson chapter?

• Like 2

Depending on the schedule I would be very interested. Thanks for starting this!

I am interested in Tucson. Surgery date July 1

I'm in the East Valley but I am interested ..... very much so ...........

Hi I had my surgery in 2003 but would def take part in this. I live in Surprise, AZ. Thanks for posting. Look forward to hearing from you all.

<p>Will they ever create a Tucson chapter?</p>

I hope so. I am here in Tucson

I am new my surgery is scheduled for August 19. Originally it was supposed to be July 1 but my thyroid went crazy so it was postponed until August 19 but I'm here in Tucson and I hope that we can get a group together here.

Hi. Has this group started meeting yet, I'm interested in attending.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Gran7  »  maryeliza

I was nervous as well but I kept thinking once that weight starts coming off it will be all worth it. The best part is the anesthesia I my surgery was on 1st of February in the morning I slept all day and most of the next. The important thing is to keep sipping water or ask for ice chips. Day 2 if you feel like it the best thing is to get up and walk a little bit it helps. My hospital here in Australia gives you opti fast after the op and it tastes like crap . So I just stuck to water and Luke warm black tea . Make sure to ask for pain relief if you need it they offer endone here but it makes you constapated so be careful 😀
      Good luck 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Apple203

OMG -- just got insurance clearance -- pre-op diet starts in a week, surgery on March 14th.  EXCITED !!!
      · 1 reply
      1. Newme17

Congratulations! It’s for real now! :)

• gkhtoys

Gastric Sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM.  Highest weight was 327.  Starting weight when seeing the surgeon the first time was 276 and now I am down to 253 thanks to my pre-pre diet!  Low cal, low carb and high protein diet works best for me!  My goal weight is 140 for 6 months after surgery!
      · 1 reply
      1. proudgrammy

you are doing grrrreat! keep workin' the pre-op. March 12th, sleeve WLS will be here before you know it!! good luck - kathy

• VSGSLAYER

Hello I was wondering if the psych eval will determine weather or not I can have the surgery

· 4 replies
      1. Newme17

It can, very few people I’ve heard have not passed one to get surgery. BUT, don’t stress about it and just BE HONEST during your evaluation. Most of them I hear are fairly easy. Mine was fun actually and I was happy I had it. Try not to work yourself up about it.

2. elforman

While I admit I haven't had it yet, don't sweat the psych exam. Here's an excerpt from the site I linked at the bottom. Unless you're concerned that one of the bullet items applies to you, it should not be a problem. If one of those does apply to you, you likely have bigger problems than your weight.

Approximately 15 percent of the time, psychologists recommend that patients be denied for the surgery, or delay the surgery due to mental health concerns.

Patients may be denied for a variety of reasons, including:

• Suffering from undiagnosed and undertreated depression
        • Demonstrating the symptoms of psychosis and bipolar disorders
        • Not understanding the risks of the surgery
        • Abusing drugs and alcohol within the past six months
        • Attempting suicide multiple times
        • Showing an inability to follow the post-operative procedures
        • Exhibiting symptoms of a severe binge eating disorder
        • Having an unstable social situation, such as homelessness or lack of a support system

https://www.gastricsurgeon.com/articles/the-psychological-evaluation-for-bariatric-surgery

3. VSGSLAYER

Ok thanks I feel much better I don't have any issues,I think I just watched to many videos and people were saying its hard I even watched one girls and she said she was denied because she was honest about vomiting a couple times

4. BGrundee

The psych eval makes sure your mentally fit/balanced to take on the surgery and a good candidate...

• Sleeve1stFitNext

My gym is closed on the weekends. I feel sad. I wish I could just go workout. I miss it. President's Day they are closed too. I am like  . This interferes with my workouts. Now, I have to workout at home. Well, I have a jump rope and a medicine ball. 

· 2 replies
      1. Newme17

You can do it!

2. Sleeve1stFitNext

I just miss my gym. I am like, can yall be open on weekends?

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs