Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I was 267 lbs I looked in the mirror and never thouggt I looked that big. I told myself my face wasn't fat and I carried it ok. Even tho I was 5'2"and wore a 24 pants I was convinced...

Now, I am 144 and wear a size 10 or 8. I look in the mirror and think my face looks normal but my body is huge. My friend gave me a bunch of size 10 and 8 levis and shorts. I held them up and said there is no way they'll fit. I tried them on and they fit but I just feel confused. I am pkanning on making an appointment with my psych because surely these body issues aren't healthy. I still look at plussed size clothes.

Is anyone else doing this? I feel like a freak and am sick of oeopke twllibg me I am tiny when all I see is fat and skin. :(

I think it's completely normal after this surgery! We loose soo much soo fast an out minds haven't caught up to our changing bodies! I'm a year out and a size 0... But in no way do I think I look that small at all, in my mind maybe like a 10 or 12. But everyone else always comments on how teeny I am and I keep looking around for the "teeny" women... And they're talking about me!!

I think it's completely normal after this surgery! We loose soo much soo fast an out minds haven't caught up to our changing bodies! I'm a year out and a size 0... But in no way do I think I look that small at all, in my mind maybe like a 10 or 12. But everyone else always comments on how teeny I am and I keep looking around for the "teeny" women... And they're talking about me!!

That's exactly how I feel. I still kind of cringe when people say I am small. My best friend who is so supportive is the one that gave me the clothes. She's in 12s now so we swapped but I always thought she was skinny so being smaller than her is confusing me. I know it doesn't make sense... it just goes to show how our braibs don't catch up. Losing ny mom last week, to obesity related compkications makes me feel that much more depressed, scared and confused... hence my call to my bariatric psychologist. She knew my mom too from when we did Optifast years ago, so I am hoping she can help me make sense of these feelings and fear.

Congratulations on your size zero!!! That must be unreal. I can't imagine. I am petite too and small boned and will be thrilled if I can get to a six or four let alone a zero.

On a positive note I needed my rings sized again. I am now a 4.5 on my rings. :)

That's exactly how I feel. I still kind of cringe when people say I am small. My best friend who is so supportive is the one that gave me the clothes. She's in 12s now so we swapped but I always thought she was skinny so being smaller than her is confusing me. I know it doesn't make sense... it just goes to show how our braibs don't catch up. Losing ny mom last week, to obesity related compkications makes me feel that much more depressed, scared and confused... hence my call to my bariatric psychologist. She knew my mom too from when we did Optifast years ago, so I am hoping she can help me make sense of these feelings and fear.

Congratulations on your size zero!!! That must be unreal. I can't imagine. I am petite too and small boned and will be thrilled if I can get to a six or four let alone a zero.

On a positive note I needed my rings sized again. I am now a 4.5 on my rings. :)

I never would have imagined being soo small but I am only 4'10" so I guess my small frame and now skinny(dare I say) body doesn't look misplaced... It all works together, one teeny package all the way around up an down ; ) I had to resize my rings as well and my ring finger is a 3 3/4, but they refuse to size it past a 5 because they say I they do it will compromise the integrity of the diamonds.. Something about pulling the ring in more can cause the stone to pop out... I tried a ring guard but it just made my ring look cheap, and nobody wants a $9k ring to look cheap! So the only other option I have is to add platinum to the band or something called nubs on the inside bottom... I'm waiting until summer though to see how much tighter they will get because we all know the summer makes our hands swell!!!

I am very sorry to hear that you lost your mother and my heart goes out to you and your family.... I can't even imagine that kind of a loss. I pray the days get better for you and your family! I know this will be challenging to deal with your loss and not revert back to old habits that comforted us. I think talking to a psychologist is a great idea... Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

To the OP -- I just wanted to express my deepest sympathy for your loss. Be patient and kind to yourself. Grief is a long journey. ::hugs::