Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days after Fleur De Lis TT and doing fine

I had a Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck last Tuesday, and I have to say this last week was one of the most difficult of my life. I am no baby when it comes to pain. My discomfort was manageable. It was the fact that I didn't feel in control of my body and had to rely on others, hard to do when you are a hard headed independent woman like me. Oxycodone and morphine suppositories made me feel awful. Between feeling blazing hot then freezing cold to not wanting to eat, move or be able to have a poop, to horrible hallucinogenic dreams I had enough of the narcotics pretty damn fast. i have had surgeries before, but this one really was the hardest. Emotional support was so so important for this one. I am not a clingy person, but good grief, this time around I could not get enough hugs or encouragement. My compression garment will be burnt at the stake as soon as five weeks are up! Today is day number 8 and I am starting to feel like my old self. Today I happened to get on the scale to see if Id lost any of the ten pounds plus of Water weight, and I am pleased to say I weight 125 which is my goal weight. yay me! :D

Congrats!! I refuse to take morphine because of the hallucinations. But I doubt if the Oxy would be enough of a relief after the surgery you've had. Glad you're feeling better.

Do you still have drains?? I was so glad to get mine out yesterday.

How's the swelling? Have you looked at your incisions? I think the compression garment wu become more tolerable once you start healing more. My stitches were itching bad yesterday and I wanted to burn the garment. Today it isn't bad.

Hope things continue to get better for you

For the itching, you could try applying an ice pack to the area. If you're out and about or don't have the option of ice, try slapping the area lightly (or moderately) instead of scratching. Those things have worked for me in the past.

Congrats!! I refuse to take morphine because of the hallucinations. But I doubt if the Oxy would be enough of a relief after the surgery you've had. Glad you're feeling better.

Do you still have drains?? I was so glad to get mine out yesterday.

How's the swelling? Have you looked at your incisions? I think the compression garment wu become more tolerable once you start healing more. My stitches were itching bad yesterday and I wanted to burn the garment. Today it isn't bad.

Hope things continue to get better for you

Hi Vogue,

Dont get me wrong, I am feeling so much better today. Not taking any drugs for pain during the day, and 600mg ibroprofen at night. Its not so much painful as it is tight feeling when I move.

Drains came out on Monday, which was day six after surgery. That was the turning point of recovery for me I think. Holy hell those drains were disgusting! LoL..

Swelling is moderate..I can tell its there, but I dont feel like Jabba the Hut anymore. Today was the first day I had the courage to stick my finger into my belly button and omg was it deep and odd. Grossed me out.

I've not had any itching on my stitches yet..but itchy is good Vogue! It means you are healing! :-)) I have to laugh at my garment today..its crotchless and i caught myself in the mirror and I look like i have a baboon butt from behind when i didnt have underwear on. Hahaha..this damn stretchy nasty garment isnt going to get the best of me. its a beast..:-P

I was Rx Dilaudid and quit that quick for Norco. Worked much better in conjunction with muscle relaxers.

I'm sorry you had a rough ride. I had a hernia repair in my lower abdomen a few months after VS. I think that mentally prepared me for LBL. My PS surgeon also has my number. She's been frank with me when I ask her to and she airs on the side of information.

I had much harder time recovering from the hernia. Hard to wait for help. Hard to ask for help. Hard to ask for help then tell them they aren't helping the way I need. Ahhhhh. This time I knew that would end in 14 days and I had some reference.

(((((Hug))))

I was Rx Dilaudid and quit that quick for Norco. Worked much better in conjunction with muscle relaxers.

I'm sorry you had a rough ride. I had a hernia repair in my lower abdomen a few months after VS. I think that mentally prepared me for LBL. My PS surgeon also has my number. She's been frank with me when I ask her to and she airs on the side of information.

I had much harder time recovering from the hernia. Hard to wait for help. Hard to ask for help. Hard to ask for help then tell them they aren't helping the way I need. Ahhhhh. This time I knew that would end in 14 days and I had some reference.

(((((Hug))))

Thanks CBT, its so good to know I am not alone! Excellent that you can have frank conversations with your PS Surgeon. That is awesome. :-)

I had the same surgery in February. I had a very easy recovery and had very little pain. The results are AMAZING!! Everyone tells me how tiny my waist is. My goal was to just get rid of the rolls of skin and didn't really think about the new shape I would get. I had 6lbs of skin and a liter of fat taken off my belly. I am still catching myself doing old habits like when I get out of the shower I still find myself putting the towel in my hand and reaching for a fat roll to dry underneath. It does take a while to not have that tight feeling. I was pulled really tight and sometimes can still feel a tight feeling when doing certain yoga poses. My surgeon said it will feel looser in time. I also had the crochless garment but I enjoyed wearing it until my last week. It felt like a little extra security blanket protecting my belly. I always had a pretty great self esteem even when I was fat but now with my new tiny waist I know I look sexy!!! The sleeve surgery has been everything and so much more. Healthy and a cutie!!!! Next up, arms and maybe some boobs. Good luck with the rest of Ur recovery. FYI I am 4 months out and my scars still itch, using a scar cream really helps.