Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This time tomorrow I will be sleeved

Tomorrow at this time I will be in recovery. WOW I can't believe the day is here. As a Christian I put my full faith in God and the decision He has helped me make. I want to thank everyone here as my journey may have never taken place with out your advice and opinions. I know this road will have its bumps however the prize at the end is worth it. I can't wait until the back and knee pains go away. I can't wait to WANT to be outside playing with my kids. The beach in the summer. All the things I have been embarrassed to do because of my weight I am going to do. 19 hours until I report to the hospital. Thanks again everyone. See you on the losers side..

Edited by Chance1812

I am so happy for you, I know how you feel about the knee pain, it will be so good when it goes away. I pray that God keeps you and that you have all that your heart desires. I just posted my first one, if you have time maybe you can read it. I too cannot wait to run and play with my daughter and swim and jog and fit on rides all the other things that may seem normal to some but a new life to me. Take care.

How are you doing?

Day three home and I am having my challenges. The liquid in is hard same with Protein. Stomach feels achy and at times slightly sick. I am not going to complain as other have a much harder time than I have. It is strange not looking for my next meal. I feel as if I am missing out on something.

WOW I GO APRIL 9TH AND IM A BAG OF NERVES!! I.JUST WANT THE DAY TO COME...IM SO NERVOUS, CONGRATS TOO YOU!!!!

WOW I GO APRIL 9TH AND IM A BAG OF NERVES!! I.JUST WANT THE DAY TO COME...IM SO NERVOUS, CONGRATS TOO YOU!!!!

Congratulations! I'm 7 days out now. Just got my drain pulled today. (That helped the pain a lot!) In the middle of the 2nd night home I was so uncomfortable and restless - stared at the ceiling and thought - "Why did I do this to myself?" Then I took a deep breath and went through all of the hopes I have for my recovery phase, got up and took some pain medication and was back to sleep in 5 minutes. Take your pain medication regularly so you don't let it get out of control like I did. (I thought I was too tough for pain meds - guess what? I had part of an organ removed - it's gonna hurt!) Walking helps. I figured it took me 8 minutes to walk around my cul de sac and street and did that 4 times a day. When I went out to shop with friends and walked around the bookstore for 20 minutes, I counted that as one of my walking sessions. Now my goal is to get up to an hour a day in 3 weeks. Tomorrow I will venture further and maybe include the next block to see if I can find a 15 minute path I can do 4 x's a day.