Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Period and weight gain

Ok ladies I have a question about weight gain during your period. I have heard of some women noticing weight gain during your period. I guess before losing weight, I never noticed, or paid attention to my weight. That and I had stopped having my period all together. However, now it's back. I noticed this week during my weigh in that I had gained 5 lbs! Which of course freaked me out. Then I started my period. Have any of you gained 5 or more pounds during your period? If I would have been eating wrong, and not exercising I wouldn't have freaked out. But I work my butt off! lol..

Some women retain Water when they have their period. Try adding lemon (real not just juice) to your water. It's a natural way to shed that extra water. Also really watch your sodium intake during your cycle. Hope this helps :-)

Edited by snochick2005

<p>Ok ladies I have a question about weight gain during your period. I have heard of some women noticing weight gain during your period. I guess before losing weight, I never noticed, or paid attention to my weight. That and I had stopped having my period all together. However, now it's back. I noticed this week during my weigh in that I had gained 5 lbs! Which of course freaked me out. Then I started my period. Have any of you gained 5 or more pounds during your period? If I would have been eating wrong, and not exercising I wouldn't have freaked out. But I work my butt off! lol.. </p>

Yeah! 5-8 even!

Thank you!!

Oh yes, when TOM comes in the weight loss is much slower and it is like hitting a wall. Love the lemon in Water idea!

Funny I read this thread. I woke up this morning and the scale showed I gained back the 6lbs I lost for my pre-opt diet. At first I was WTF?! Then I remember my cycle is less then a week away. A big weight gain before The Curse is normal for me. As soon as my period starts my weight go back down. It goes down quicker if I take Water pills though.

Hi, I don't own a scale (only weigh in at the doctor), but I can definitely tell the difference in my rings and belts. This morning I put on my belt and I usually have it on the furthest hole, but this morning I had to put it on the second to last hole, and my ring was a little tight. This period (2nd since surgery) has more cramps and has me really tired. I usually am not because I double up on Water, but have not been doing that. One thing I have been, is on the same schedule with my period (no pills). I've been really surprised about that.