Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op FIRST time pregnancies

Hello

I'm 4 weeks pre op (surgery in less than 30 days) and my husband and I tried for children for 5 years. Hoping that once I'm healthy and losing the weight - that I too will be able to experience children. Anyone out there have their 1st child after the sleeve and how far out before getting pregnant? I know at least 1 year is recommended.

I will be trying again about 10 months after surgery... I just lost a pregnancy in Dec(which I believe(pregnancy) happened once I started exercising and becoming healthier) I just turned 38 in Dec, so I know that time is of the essence..

I'll be praying for you , my surgery is in 9 days

I am now 6 weeks along. This is a massive surprise as I just turned 42 this past weekend. We have been married for 20 years next month. We have tried all through our marriage with no luck. The surgery can definitely increase your fertility as we weren't even trying. Good luck!

i am almost 2 years post op from gastric sleeve. my surgery was July 9, 2012. I found out last week i am pregnant. I had been on birth control consistently since i was 16 for cramps and endometriosis... I stopped taking my BC pills in January, and got pregnant in february! my doctor said it could take 6-12 months for it happen! I've already noticed i am more hungry than usual, but i just eat an extra snack here and there. the hardest part is keeping hydrated because Water makes me sick (has since the day of surgery). i am one of those who couldnt resist pop... (horrible i know but it didnt stop me from losing 125lbs in my 1st year!)

My first prenatal appointment is in 3 weeks i made sure to find an OB that knew about bariatric surgery, for now they recommended i continue my Vitamin regimen that i needed prior to pregnancy, only use a prenatal instead of a standard Multi-Vitamin. so i am taking a prenatal, the Calcium citrate,and Vit D.

I got pregnant exactly 18 months post op! I went from 271 to 156 and started the pregnancy at 163. I am now 26+ weeks and am now 169 lbs and am pregnant with a healthy baby boy! :) We tried for 4 years!

1898076_10202413876601824_1360954580_n.j

Congrats ladies

Cant wait for my turn yayy :)

I am now 6 weeks along. This is a massive surprise as I just turned 42 this past weekend. We have been married for 20 years next month. We have tried all through our marriage with no luck. The surgery can definitely increase your fertility as we weren't even trying. Good luck!

Wow it s a blessing. I am so happy for you. I just turned 44 in Jan and I wish to be pregnant and pray. I am 14 month out and in good health. Jus pray for me please!

Wow! That is a blessing. Just turned 44 in January and 14 months out I lost 135 lbs and fell great. Just pray for me please .

I am 14 weeks along became pregnant 2 months post op after trying for 3 yrs this is my first child.

Wow and congrats I stopped my bc March 7 n u think I'm pregnant how does it feel but I do get so hungry wat can I do wat.

I am 11 1/2 months post vsg and 6 weeks pregnant!

Oh lord, you girls are making me broody!

That, I thought, was a physical impossibility!

Much love and luck to you all! x

I'm over 2 years out from my VSG and found out I was pregnant by surprise in September last year. I'm now 37 weeks along and haven't had any major complications. Just weird oddities that I attribute to surgery since nothing else makes sense and my friends and family that have had children don't understand some of the things that have happened along in my pregnancy (such as increased sensitivity to sugar even more so than usual). BTW, DO NOT repeat NOT do the glucose tolerance test. My OBGYN insisted I do it and even though I protested, she said "we're gunna give it a try". Well, I puked that drink up DURING my gender reveal ultrasound and needless to say, it ruined the appointment for me. Not to mention freaked out the ultrasound tech. Also keep an eye on your Vitamin absorption as it is already a concern for people not expecting after surgery. It can lead to birth defects especially early in the pregnancy if you aren't absorbing everything you need to.

Wow so nice to hear everyones successful pregnancies. Hubby and I have been trying for almost a decade. Im 1 week postop and hope a year from now we will get our miracle baby.

God bless to the new mommies-to-be!