Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Learned the hard way :(

Well the perfect recovery with nothing causing irritation to my sleeve stopped today! I can drink fast I can eat anything so far yet today I got some chicken very thinly sliced and it came with now tie Pasta I was wanting a little energy and since nothing had bothered me, I ate some! And oh my word! I thought I was going to die! I threw up 6 times everything got stuck and I couldn't breathe! There is a silver lining I'm a carb addict I truly believe it was a slap on the hand and I well scared the crap out of myself! Anyone else have this happen? Could I have hurt my sleeve? I now know I have a sleeve and it doesn't like everything! Feedback? Yes I was Sleeved 1/14! To soon?

I have not and will not have carbs. Rice I have read, will do the same thing, so will bread, But some people say they can eat it, I choose to leave it behind. I do not want the pain or the vomiting. I really want to lose more pounds!!! At three weeks we were eating mushies and pureed foods, no chicken and Pasta. I did get choked on a piece of crockpot chicken at 4 weeks so reverted back to mushies another week. Felt like a heart attack. Good luck.

I'm 8 weeks out, about a week ago I attempted to "denoodle" some lasagna. I missed a piece about the size of my first pinky joint. I ate it and oh boy did I know it. I felt a lot of pressure in my sternum for about 30 minutes. Never again!

I tried some canned green Beans today, green beans!!! And it made a guest appearance in 5 seconds flat!!! So I had a smoothie, ooooh did it taste delicious after that horrid experience! Just when you think you're ready......bam!

that was eggs for me in my mushy stage i made a soft boiled egg had half a teaspoon of the egg white and puked it up on the floor in 5 seconds flat then proceeded to dry heave like i was in the exorcist who was trying to bring up all my internal organs!
i tried 3 months later same thing so egg has been off my list ever since!

Thanks for the feed back guys I know we are all different but like I said I was so scared while driving with my kid in the car and not being able to breathe I think it's like your eggs I won't be doing it again, ever!

<p>I<span style="color:#000080;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"> tried some canned green Beans today,<strong> green beans</strong>!!! And it made a guest appearance in 5 seconds flat!!! So I had a smoothie, ooooh did it taste delicious after that horrid experience! Just when you think you're ready......bam!</span></span></span></p>

Man I wanted something smooth too but was so afraid to put anything in me :(

<p>I<span style="color:#000080;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"> tried some canned green Beans today,<strong> green beans</strong>!!! And it made a guest appearance in 5 seconds flat!!! So I had a smoothie, ooooh did it taste delicious after that horrid experience! Just when you think you're ready......bam!</span></span></span></p>

I hear you!

I have learned a smoothie is my "go to food", I haven't gotten sick from them "yet", and I hope it stays that way! My mind is so ready to eat soft foods, my stomach is the exact opposite. I feel like it wants me on liquids forever lol. fruit smoothies and yogurt (and my mind is so tired of yogurt haha). If I see another premier Protein shake its going to make an appearance too. I just finished the box.....I won't be buying another for a LONG time!

Sorry you had to go through that, hopefully the next time won't be as memorable ;).

I am Italian, so Pasta has been a part of my life since birth. But, I must be very careful when I eat it now. I don't eat much and when I do I know I am going to pay for it with some discomfort for 20-30 minutes. I tried it at about 7 weeks and it was a horrible feeling, way too soon. At 14 weeks now and just had some yesterday and it was ok but still felt some pressure in my chest afterward. I certainly avoid it most of the time, it's just not worth it. Also, make sure you are chewing about 30 times before swallowing at this point, it helps just about everything. And definitely no drinking fluids while eating (I really hate that rule, but it's right on the money). Good luck!

<p>I am Italian, so Pasta has been a part of my life since birth. But, I must be very careful when I eat it now. I don't eat much and when I do I know I am going to pay for it with some discomfort for 20-30 minutes. I tried it at about 7 weeks and it was a horrible feeling, way too soon. At 14 weeks now and just had some yesterday and it was ok but still felt some pressure in my chest afterward. I certainly avoid it most of the time, it's just not worth it. Also, make sure you are chewing about 30 times before swallowing at this point, it helps just about everything. And definitely no drinking fluids while eating (I really hate that rule, but it's right on the money). Good luck!</p>

Thanks my Italian friend! I'm just not going to go there anytime at all in the near or possible future!

I tried some canned green Beans today, green beans!!! And it made a guest appearance in 5 seconds flat!!! So I had a smoothie, ooooh did it taste delicious after that horrid experience! Just when you think you're ready......bam!

I hear you!

I have learned a smoothie is my "go to food", I haven't gotten sick from them "yet", and I hope it stays that way! My mind is so ready to eat soft foods, my stomach is the exact opposite. I feel like it wants me on liquids forever lol. fruit smoothies and yogurt (and my mind is so tired of yogurt haha). If I see another premier Protein shake its going to make an appearance too. I just finished the box.....I won't be buying another for a LONG time!

Sorry you had to go through that, hopefully the next time won't be as memorable ;).

Do you make them of get them from Kamba juice or something?

I make them. Frozen fruits, bananas, ice and a little OJ. I have given up all Pasta, rice, mashed potatoes (which kills me to do because I love them), sugars & sweets, so I'm drinking my smoothies and loving every minute. Lol. I haven't made a trip to Jamba juice yet, but it sure does sound good!!!

<p><span style="color:#000080;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">I make them. Frozen fruits, bananas, ice and a little OJ. I have given up all Pasta, rice, mashed potatoes (which kills me to do because I love them), sugars & sweets, so I'm drinking my smoothies and loving every minute. Lol. I haven't made a trip to Jamba juice yet, but it sure does sound good!!! </span></span></span></p>

Yeah my surgeon says to stay away from Jamba cause they are loaded with sugar.

My husband and I are no longer free to use the frozen fruits or fresh fruits, or add them to shakes, but since his blood sugars are not dropping to 40 during the night he does not have to load up on the sugar in the fruits at bedtime. I hope one day we will feel comfortable having a little fruit again.

I am at about 11 weeks post op and I can eat a small amount only though! chicken noodle Soup, half an english muffin, lasagna noodles. All that is Ok. I have a harder time with meats and of course I cannot eat near the amount of Pasta I used to. However, egg noodles are good and light and I have eaten some of the multi grain pasta made a type of mac n chz and it was good. Cannot have more than a ramekin of pasta though. Good luck and take it easy. I was on liquid/mushy for like 3-4 weeks.