Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight band issues...

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I had my lapband surgery 2 yrs ago Jan. Lost 60lbs of my 75 pound goal when Sandy hit the Jersey shore and our home. Up until then, I ate and drank right, and exercised 2-3 times a week. Never had an issue with my band, went for fills accordingly. After we were displaced for 10 mths, my mind and my routine went down the drain for the most part. Ate poorly, lack of Water, didn't exercise at all, and found I started having issues every few months with my band tightening up out of no where even when I was eating well. I would go back and get a little out, would do fine, and then weeks later again, back and forth. The doctor didn't seem to have an answer but my thoughts were due to stress and my body. We are back in our home for the last 7 mths and have been busy getting it up and running I still have yet to wrap my mind around getting back on the wagon with eating and exercising. {have gained back 20lbs and lots of inches}. I had a fill about a month ago {approx at 5cc's altogether} and have done fine until this week. Now, my thoughts are.... besides not eating the right foods at times, can the issue with my band partially be due to lack of working out, movements, etc as I have a sedendary job and am exhausted when I come home and basically couch it for the night. It sort of makes sense to me but wondering if anyone else has this problem.

First...where in NJ are you? I'm right at the shore also....

I would not begin to assume to know what is going on with your band....but I will say this for myself....

Being successful with the band depends upon a routine, adapting new habits...especially in the food depart...what to buy, what to eat everyday, what to avoid, etc etc....

Going through what you did, would have broken me out of my routine...forcing me to eat all the wrong foods...probably a lot of fast foods.....and that would not agree with my band and act as if my band was too tight, but actually did not change at all....

I have been banded for 3 years....the big learning curve was to find that "Groove" with the perfect balance of band adjustment, and the types of foods I eat...not to mention portion sizes......

Again, I can see how being displaced for 10 months would upset that balance tremendously....

People talk about stress, physical activity, etc, etc affecting their band, tighter? also talk about emotional eating?? ....I have always found my band to be a constant no matter what the external influences may be...(with the exception of little variations, like first thing in the morning)

(((hugs))) I don't have answers but wish you best of luck. It does sound related to stress of life changed. Best wishes, Karen..aka.kll724

You went through a traumatic situation. Stress will make your band tight but you have to get you back to normal. I would try to sit down and make up a schedule of exercise and plan out your meals for the week so that you can get back to the grind.