Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Makeovers... pre or post surgery?

I like to think that most people give themselve post surgery makeovers. New clothes for sure, which is basically like a makeover. But did anyone give themself a PRE-SURGERY makeover? I'm thinking about cutting my hair short (it's super long) partly because I'm already losing it due to stress and I image it's only to get worse, and partly because I kind of want to see myself in a new way. The "new" me that goes to the gym, and watches what she eats, etc. Did anyone else do something like this? I think my long hair has been a crutch for me, a blanket so to speak. It's long and curly, but it's starting to thin so much, I think it might just be time for it to go anyway. I'd be cutting off a good 12 inches or more. What do you think?

I say do it!!!! A symbolic gesture of freeing yourself from what weighs you down! The beginning of your transformation!!! I love it!!!!!

I agree with SoccerMomma. Cut off the hair and make the transformation. If it feels right, and helps to put you in the mindset to succeed, then make it happen. :)

I tried doing my makeup differently this weekend and I love it! I think this will be the new me. My consultation with my surgeon for VSG is tomorrow and I think I'll get all dolled up with my new makeup and actually straighten my hair for a change.

I say cut your hair or do whatever makes you feel good!

I just worry about how I could put it up when working out. I'd have to do pigtails which is so dumb, in my opinion. Lol. Other than that, I would totally go for it. I just sweat so much when I wok out. I'm thinking of getting a bob.

I too think you should go for it.

my "transformation" came in stages... why not? I got a free makeover when I was a few pounds from goal and HATED what she did, but it did trigger me to update my look and work on my own sense of style.

I cut 7 inches off my hair and dyed it... I'm pre op but it was the beginning of a new chapter and new lifestyle for me. It helped me see the new person in the mirror that I was becoming on the inside. I had already created a new lifestyle and was mindful of my eating and began exercising every day three months prior, so changing my look even in the slightest just helped me evolve that much more into who I want to become.

I didn't cut my hair but a month after I was banded, I did semi-permanent makeup for my eyebrows, which had lost a lot of their "pop" with age.

Best beauty thing I've ever done. I love my eyebrows now, and I never have to fill them in. I look like I'm wearing makeup even when I'm not.

I find I take much better care of my exterior self now that I'm banded. When I was so fat, I just figured it wasn't worth it...why bother. And now I'm all about the hair and makeup, creams and lotions. I'm a marketer's dream, unfortunately.

I did it. Cut off my long hair. Felt great. New me deserves a new look.

I didn't cut my hair but a month after I was banded, I did semi-permanent makeup for my eyebrows, which had lost a lot of their "pop" with age. Best beauty thing I've ever done. I love my eyebrows now, and I never have to fill them in. I look like I'm wearing makeup even when I'm not. I find I take much better care of my exterior self now that I'm banded. When I was so fat, I just figured it wasn't worth it...why bother. And now I'm all about the hair and makeup, creams and lotions. I'm a marketer's dream, unfortunately.

I def need the eyebrows done. I wind up dying them when I cover the gray in my hair since they are gray too! I'm afraid It will make me look like Groucho Marx. LOL

I made an appointment for Friday. But I don't think I'm going to do it. Yet. I've ALWAYS wanted to be that skinny girl with long hair. I think once I meet that goal then I'll make the cut. So for now, it will just be a trim. Yes, I am a baby. :)

Well... I did it... I cut off over 12 inches. I'm not sure I like my new haircut. I think it needs longer layers - but there's not going back now!

Well... I did it... I cut off over 12 inches. I'm not sure I like my new haircut. I think it needs longer layers - but there's not going back now!

Pic please. I'm sure you look great!!

Yes, please pictures!!

I didn't take a before! I realized it when I was driving home. Also, I tried to post a pic, but I don't know how. Hahaha. I tried to drag and drop but it didn't like that.