Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 days away from being sleeved. My surgeon gave me a goal weight of 225. I'm 5'6 sttarted 2 week liquids at 302. Is it possible to lose 180lbs with the sleeve? I'm feeling discouraged with my surgeons number thought??

ahhhhh..

iVE LOST ALMOST 200LBS IN 9 MONTHS. SO YES IS THE ANSWER.

CHRIS

If you do it the correct way you will be down to 150 in 12-18 months. Thats my guess.. My surgeon guessed 250 for me and i have blown that away.. Im strict and i dont falter.

Chris

Chris

What is the strict way? I'm not having this done to falter, trust me. Your insight is appreciated

Angie

Im sorry.. Maybe strict is the wrong word. Just stay on track with excercise, Water and Protein. Some woman the other day was asking why she wasnt loosing weight but she mentoned she ate 4 oz of mashed potatoes at a time.. Im like NO NO NO.. I have not had any Pasta, rice, starches like that of any kind since I started this. truly it is all about the Protein and a small ammount of veges. Make sure you walk a lot... Trust me i know its hard to do when i was 400 and u being where u are it is not easy. Walk 4 times per day for 15 minutes each time and increase from there. like every 2 weeks increase by 5 minutes per walk .

Im here to answer any questions that you have.

Christian

Chris, do u still do Protein Shakes for Protein intake? I like working out, so I can get the exercise in

Thx for the insight I really appreciate it

Angie

Chhheis, all the whites are dead to me: white sugar, a white flour,f white potatoes, white Pasta, whose rice, white sugar. Also I'm a chronic Migraine sufferer so after this. Surgery I will also be gluten free. gluten is a huge migraine trigger. Anyay, a look into my thinking

I'm 8 days away from being sleeved. My surgeon gave me a goal weight of 225. I'm 5'6 sttarted 2 week liquids at 302. Is it possible to lose 180lbs with the sleeve? I'm feeling discouraged with my surgeons number thought??

Did you mean goal weight of 125? If so, this does seem a little low to me. Your surgeon is shooting for a low end normal BMI. But a lot of it depends on your body frame, muscle mass, etc. If you are fairly " petite" , it may be an appropriate goal. My nut took an extensive weight history profile and body mass measurements and gave me a goal of 160. I'm 5'5" but built like a linebacker...wide frame, big bones, very muscular, etc. I actually set my personal goal at 150 because I know what I looked like and felt like when I was that weight. (Personally, I haven't been 125 since 8th grade and I wasn't a fat kid.)

Edited by Kindle

<p>iVE LOST ALMOST 200LBS IN 9 MONTHS. SO YES IS THE ANSWER.</p> <p> </p> <p>CHRIS</p>

thanks for the hope!

No the goal of 225, which I find discouraging

No the goal of 225, which I find discouraging

Sorry, I read the 180 loss from 302 and thought the 225 was a typo. But yeah, that seems high since it still puts you at a "severely obese" BMI. Wonder how he's calculating goal weight. In any case, you can choose any goal you want. Just keep doing the work until you get to where YOU want to be. Don't get too hung up the numbers.

Ok just had hubby clarify. My surgeon. Gave me. The. 225 number, if to have the surgery and do nothing. That's. Prolly where I will land

Kindle,

nope, I meant 225. But I talked to my husband again (he was at that appointment) The way he interrupted what my surgeon said is that If I have the surgery and do none of the hard work to get the weight off, then I could land at 225. Of course a few things to consider: my surgeon is super conservative in her approach to the sleeve period. and she doesn't know my will to fight. I'm a fighter/survivor. I'm a brain tumor and stroke survivor and I will no longer be fat. I will NOT have this major surgery only to get lazy and sit around on my butt and lose 20lbs. It's just not going to happen. This forum has been so encouraging. I love it here :)

Kindle,

nope, I meant 225. But I talked to my husband again (he was at that appointment) The way he interrupted what my surgeon said is that If I have the surgery and do none of the hard work to get the weight off, then I could land at 225. Of course a few things to consider: my surgeon is super conservative in her approach to the sleeve period. and she doesn't know my will to fight. I'm a fighter/survivor. I'm a brain tumor and stroke survivor and I will no longer be fat. I will NOT have this major surgery only to get lazy and sit around on my butt and lose 20lbs. It's just not going to happen. This forum has been so encouraging. I love it here :)

interpereted