Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

91,100 for this surgery?

Just wanted to know if 91,100 sounds like it's a little high for a hospital to file a claim for 91,100 For Lap Band ? I was there for 9 hrs. Had a few shots of finergin , and wasnt even hooked up to moniters for most of the time. The sugery would have been 18,000 as a self pay. We wonder why ins. is so high, and why we have to work so hard to have them cover things.

A little high??? little high?

Dear sweet lord, that is WAAAAY high.

Even what was reported to my ins was only 22000

THAT is a billing error. Contact your insurance company.

My insurance was billed for @ $37,000. I was in the hospital for about 30 hours total. I think it's quite steep for $91,100. It may be an error though, because my insurance was billed twice for my lapband, but was corrected before they made any payment.

I sure hope so , I have been upset all night thinking about it. Of coarse the ins. person at the dr.s office was out today. I have to pay 10-20% After iv already paid my $2000 deductible. Hope we get this worked out. Thanks for letting me know how much your ins. paid so i know for sure that this is not the norm.

Call the hospital, get an itemized bill, then call the insurance company and go over it.

I was inpatient this summer for three days with a heart condition, had a Cardiac Cath, a Cardiac MRI and an ER visit and it only cost $30,000

My insuance was billed $30,000 and I spent the night. Plus my pre-op stuff, so about $35,000 total. They paid somewhere around $17,000. The hospital bill included the surgeons fees. I would also ask for an itemized bill. I would ask for it for you not the insurance company. If you start asking too many questions and rocking the boat it may delay payment or cause problems. As long as the insurance is making payment, and they are not asking you for money, I think I would let it slide. ~Mandy

Just wanted to know if 91,100 sounds like it's a little high for a hospital to file a claim for 91,100 For Lap Band ? I was there for 9 hrs. Had a few shots of finergin , and wasnt even hooked up to moniters for most of the time. The sugery would have been 18,000 as a self pay. We wonder why ins. is so high, and why we have to work so hard to have them cover things.
Are you talking American $$$$'s.

Sounds more like Pesos.:faint:

Let us know what you find out, I would be interested what the hospital had to say. Mine was 25,000 and I thought that was high! Good luck I know dealing with insurance companies can be a nightmare!

I would assume that no matter what the hospital bills your insurance company, they have a contracted amount for each procedure.

I was looking at my spreadsheet where I keep track of all my medical expenses and I noticed that the amount billed is cut drastically to reach the amount agreed upon, then I pay 20% of the amount agreed upon.

Last year, I paid $2,300 out of pocket (including deductibles) on medical billings of over $25,000 for Tina and I.

Good luck. I hope this issue is settled so that your mind can be at peace.

Get a copy of the claim - it will itemize the billed procedures and charge for each.

My surgery was outpatient. I believe for EVERYTHING (including pre-op work, etc.) my total was around $40k. I can't imagine why an outpatient procedure would be over $90k.

Get a copy of the claim - it will itemize the billed procedures and charge for each.

My surgery was outpatient. I believe for EVERYTHING (including pre-op work, etc.) my total was around $40k. I can't imagine why an outpatient procedure would be over $90k.

:) Maybe they left the laparoscopic tools inside of her? :doh:

HOLY COW!

I'm for getting the itemized list and finding out where that $4000 roll of toilet paper is...