Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started mushy foods this week- yogurt, cottage cheese, etc and now I've gained 1/2 pound? What the heck?! That's very discouraging. Anyone else have this problem? I'm still eating my Protein Shakes too and I drink all of my 74oz of Water. I'm feeling really scared about the fact that I'm only in my 2nd week and I've gained.

short and sweet.....you are still recovering from major surgery.

so stop weighing constantly

the first month is for basically healing and getting your mind set in the game..

weight loss varies for many reasons and each person is different..

do not worry not losing weight right now

follow your dr's guidelines..stick with it no matter what

eating to soon could hurt yourself..do not take that risk

soon, very soon, you will notice a big difference...you must heal first

and the best thing you can do is realize this is a process and not an overnight miracle

How was it when u woke up from surgery? I have my surgery on the 22nd I start my liquid diet today I'm so nervous

Hi! I agree with the previous post...your weight will fluctuate every day up and down depending on the amount of sodium you intake, Water you retain, swelling, etc. I say this because I was driving myself crazy on the scale every day and getting frustrated when it stalled or went up. Just make sure you are paying close attention to your portion sizes and not introducing a high amount of carbs (white refined things especially like mashed potatoes) or calories (like milkshakes) with the mushy foods (easy to do) and you will be fine!

The scale went up and down for me the first month, but I ended up losing 37 pounds the first 30 days. My doc said as long as I was losing on average 2-5 pounds per week I was doing fine...more than that is just bonus so don't stress and keep it up!

Carrie

How was it when u woke up from surgery? I have my surgery on the 22nd I start my liquid diet today I'm so nervous

When you wake up from surgery, you don't feel great, but the medicine they give you for pain and nausea control it well. You will have to get up and walking the same day as surgery and keep walking the whole time in the hospital. Once all the tubes come out after the first day, it is so much better. Pain was very easily controlled with medicine at home as long as you follow the pre and post op instructions.

I woke up uncomfortable but slept most of the day. I expected to have lots of gas and pain from it but I didn't. I didn't need any pain meds at home and honestly I remember telling my husband right from the beginning that I didn't really feel like I had anything done. I did a lot of positive self talk before the surgery like- you will be fine, you will be in pain but it isn't anything that you can't deal with and this is all worth it". I'm normally not into all that but I was really stressed so I was willing to try anything and something worked because I really have recovered fine.

I have heard how some people are losing like 1 or more pounds a day so gaining freaked me out. I've never been ever to get below this weight so I'm afraid of getting stuck here but I'll try and be patient.

Any other suggestions that you guys may have like should I bring anything to the hospital or tips for the recovery process