Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure where to put this. I was wondering if anyone who has already had their surgery done in Mexico been back for plastic surgery? If so would you mind sharing your story with me?

I'm not sure where to put this. I was wondering if anyone who has already had their surgery done in Mexico been back for plastic surgery? If so would you mind sharing your story with me?

I had RNY in Ensenada, several years ago. Then last year I started my plastic surgeries also in Mexico, this time Tijuana. I found a wonderful Plastic Surgeon, named Dr. Victor Gutierrez, not only is he a board certified Plastic Surgeon, but also he has a specialty in Micro-Surgery, his incisions and sewing are flawless. I had a lower body lift with him 2 months ago and could not be happier. I flew to San Diego, was picked up and taken to the clinic, where I had surgery, spent a week there and flew back. My stiches were all interior so I was able to return after only a week....Healing went very well, no issues at all. Results, better than I could hope for...

Sleeve with Dr. Lopez in Puerto Vallarta 1/17/13. I'm in Monterrey, Mexico right now recuperating from an LBL, AL, BL/BA, autologous butt flap augmentation, and a lower face/neck lift. Felling pretty good considering the number of procedures. :) Dr. Sauceda is my doctor.

I lost 90+ pounds "on my own" back in 2010/2011 and had extended Tummy Tuck, breast lift w/ augmentation, and Lipo body contouring all over with Dr. Cardenas in Tijuana. I have unfortunately gained back most of the weight I lost, which is why I'm on these forums in the first place. I am scheduled for Gastric Sleeve with Ariel Ortiz on Sept. 1 and I will definitely be returning to Dr. Cardenas if I require any revisions to my tummy tuck or any additional plastics after I lose the weight for good. She is AMAZING and a wonderful, caring person and I love her to death. Her staff and the staff of the recovery house she's affiliated with were there for me every single second of every single day. I spent 14 days in Tijuana and Dr. Cardenas herself came and checked on me every single day at the recovery house except for one day when she had to travel out of town. I had round-the-clock nursing care. They provided me with everything I needed... medication, toiletries, robes/nightgowns to wear, all my food was prepared for me. The staff helped me in and out of bed, showered me, helped me go to the bathroom... I just can't say enough good things about the whole experience. No doubt I will be returning if I need any work after my weight loss from my sleeve.

How much is plastic surgery in mexico

Not sure what all prices are like but for me it was 1/2 of the price that I was quoted in CA for having a lower body lift. But honestly I didn't go to Mexico for the lower prices, don't get me wrong that was a nice bonus, but actually I saw the incredible job my surgeon (Dr. Victor Gutierrez) did on the LBL of another person here, I think here name here is SweetPea, so glad I did since I got the same results she got....So yes there is a good savings but make sure you are going for the surgeon above all...

How much is plastic surgery in Mexico

I paid $8500 for extended Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants, all-over body sculpting with Lipo, and fat grafting to my butt. I had to stay two weeks in a recovery house with 24/7 nursing support and included all my food, which was another $2000. I spent probably $250 for take home meds and compression garments. Plus the cost of my flights, obviously.

That's about what I paid too...my recovery was a little less, and I didn't pay for any meds.

Anyone considering Plastic Surgery in Mexico or just Plastic Surgery in general really should check out www.realself.com where you will be able to look up the surgeon you are considering and read surgery reviews and accounts from real patients. You will read the good the bad and the ugly about some PS's. Anyone can go to a PS's website and see the pictures they want you to see, but if you go to this site, you will see unbiased reviews from real people who usually post pictures to go along with their account of surgery. You can simply put in the surgery you are considering and tons of reviews will come up for that procedure or put in the name of a surgeon you are considering and all of their reviews will come up. I always make sure I check out the least favorable ones too, as those are the real important ones. It's good to see how a surgeon handles something when a procedure doesn't turn out as planned. Good luck everyone on your search for the best Surgeon out there. Mexico has some really good ones too!

Anyone considering Plastic Surgery in Mexico or just Plastic Surgery in general really should check out www.realself.com where you will be able to look up the surgeon you are considering and read surgery reviews and accounts from real patients.

I see my surgeon, Dr. Carmina Cardenas is on there as a "Top Doctor" with 4.5 out of 5 starts from 75 reviewers. She really is amazing! I need to set up an account on that site so I can leave my own review of the outstanding care I received from her and the staff of the recovery house.

Yes that's how I found my new surgeon too....So important to read all the reviews the good ones and the bad ones...I learned about the site after I had a bad experience with my first surgeon, who happened to have a 4.5 star rating there, but if you read the bad reviews on him you would have found a pattern of sloppy sewing, just like I had....I found my new surgeon there, after seeing incredible pictures of his work. He has a 5 star rating, his name is Dr. Victor Gutierrez.

Also, some people may post a bad review for no good reason, since PS can be such a emotional time in a person life, but the pictures tell the real story...