Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery!

Dec.19 was my surgery . I'm on the 4th. Day and healing. It seems that everything went well. I'm having a back and legs pain issue. But that was even before my surgery. If that wasn't bothering me I would be feeling fine. Trying to get all my liquids down . That is hard for me because I'm not a Water drinker .Any one else just had surgery? Any good advice?

I had surgery 12/11 and am feeling pretty fantastic with the exception of my incision is sore but I'm sure that's with everyone. We have a December surgeries thread you are more than welcome to check out. There are a lot of people in the thread that are going to be on the same page as you throughout the journey! Best of luck!!

Carol Ann, you had your surgery a day after mine. I have fibromyalgia which flared into back pain that has caused more problems than my surgery thus far. I am working towards my doctor's goal of 90 oz of Fluid and 90 grams of Protein per day. Glad I have someone thought around my surgery date. My husband and my best friend also had the sleeve, one a year ago and one two years ago. Seems recommendations are different even though we all had the same doctor. Good luck.

Happy your past the surgery! I am 64 and almost six weeks out.... Everything went well and I am feeling great! I did have to have an unexpected belly hernia repair but other than that it has been much easier than I had feared!

I am off many meds and my type 1 diabetes is now requiring so much less insulin. Had lung damaging GERD that is now resolved.. I have dropped 14" and 37#'s .. 3 dress sizes..

The first week is the worst of it! I made my own Protein shakes( almond milk and PB2 ( powdered peanut butter) Krogers and Vitamin shop carry it.. Mix in pudding or yogurt and Protein Powder. I now drink GNC lean shakes ( pumpkin spice is great) and they also sell Quest Protein Bars that have 0 sugar and about 5 grams of fat.

My surgeon requires 64 oz fluids and 60 grams of protein ( wish I rarely reached until about 3 weeks out) he increased protein to 75-80 after a month.

Bowel issues normalized about then also... After adding more foods... Best decision I ever made! Know that the hormone changes do set u off balance for the first few weeks and then stabilize also

Hi I just had my surgery on Friday. I am 63. Having trouble drinking allot of fluids - sipping Water all day. But tired of water. Does the shakes count as part of Fluid intake? Otherwise not so bad. Did anyone start walking allot first week?

Marian Murray

Hi I just had my surgery on Friday. I am 63. Having trouble drinking allot of fluids - sipping Water all day. But tired of water. Does the shakes count as part of Fluid intake? Otherwise not so bad. Did anyone start walking allot first week?<br> Marian Murray

Hi I just had my surgery on Friday. I am 63. Having trouble drinking allot of fluids - sipping Water all day. But tired of water. Does the shakes count as part of Fluid intake? Otherwise not so bad. Did anyone start walking allot first week?<br> Marian Murray

Yes your shake counts into your total daily liquids ..... Walk as much as you can.. Speeds up everything! Try mio drops into your water... Many cannot get all the fluids and Proteins in the first few weeks.. It will get better! Best of luck and welcome to the LOSERS bench!!

Also if ur having Soup, it counts as fluids. I found regular Water was harder to drink. I have reverse osmosis at my house and drank 100 oz. a day before surgery. It helped even just to squeeze a little fresh lemon into it.

Also if ur having Soup, it counts as fluids. I found regular Water was harder to drink. I have reverse osmosis at my house and drank 100 oz. a day before surgery. It helped even just to squeeze a little fresh lemon into it.

I am 64 and having my surgery August 25th, 2014. I'm so excited, I'm almost afraid to believe it's actually happening. I can't wait to be normal again. I wasn't a fat child or teenager. My fat came after my kids. It's funny when I wasn't fat I thought I was, and as a fat person I didn't feel as fat as I was/am ..... Until I saw a picture or my reflection. Then I was ashamed. I wish myself good luck...I deserve a full unencumbered life. We all do! I can't wait to meet me. Michele

How are you doing since surgery how did it go for you I am 67 and having surgery in October

Lindalou, the worst part was trying to have a BM after the surgery. I didn't feel like myself after surgery and I slept a lot. When you get to eat remember to eat slow. Energy is initially low but then again we did just have surgery. Good luck!

I congratulate u on your successes. I liked what you wrote. I'm just a newbie, completing my requirements and hope to be done with those at the end of October. I'm hoping to make some friends on this site cause I need support and encouragement. I'm tired of hearing from my beloved grandkids that I just need more will power or more exercise or to eat only raw foods.

Your grands mean well I am sure and they're advice works for them. But you need to follow your doctors advice. Be patient, you will go through plateaus. But stay the course. If you have cravings don't refuse them just practice moderation. Your on a life long journey not a sprint. I have lost 30 lbs and am now stalled, I think my body needs time to adjust to this weight. From what I've been told this is normal. But I can now take my dog for a walk, yeah me! Good luck and keep in touch. Michele