Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eight weeks out: Can I eat nuts now?

I'm at work, can't check my instructions at home, and have a burning desire to have this question answered before I get home tonight!

Every doc is different but most if us weren't cleared for 4 to six months..

You really need to check your individual instructions.

I did. I chewed well, ate cashews in moderation, and didn't have any issues.

Edited by SeattleSlug

I shot up heroine.. I did it safely in moderation and I'm good, no issues....

Just because we can and some do, whether their doctor approves it or not.

I stand by my comment to wait and read your instructions or talk to the doctor.

Have some Peanut Butter. Programs vary, but nuts are hard little bits that are hard to digest and likely to stick where you don't want them. Eat some Peanut Butter or PB2. Drizzle a little walnut oil on something. My program allowed only soft foods and didn't even allow beef for the first six weeks.

Read through the complications forum to get some idea of what can go wrong.

Lynda

Ok. Sufficiently scared away from nuts! I'll read my book at home, Laura. And I might try a dab of peanut/almond/cashew butter too. I already use PB2, and really like it!

Lol :P PB2 is good! I've also been known to have a tiny bit of Peanut Butter too :) It's amazing really about two weeks ago I ate a kims magic pop (kinda like a rice cake) With the thinnest spread of peanut butter (all natural no sugar) I should of taken a picture because it dawned on me a year ago if I had made that, the peanut butter would of been generously slathered on! I put so little it didn't even cover most of it just here and there in spots But the taste was just as good and satisfying. Lol yes I love peanut butter :D

Edited by laura-ven

Uh oh. At 6 weeks + I ate almonds because they weren't restricted in my program but now that I think of it, they're kind of risky!!! I should've gone with heroin. I can't wait for raw fruits and veggies at 12 weeks!

I accidentally ate a strawberry the other day, went home and thought, "Oh crap." But have lived so far.

You know now you're going to spout a strawberry bush out your bum right?

I shot up heroine.. I did it safely in moderation and I'm good, no issues....

Just because we can and some do, whether their doctor approves it or not.

I stand by my comment to wait and read your instructions or talk to the doctor.

Wow. I was not refuting your advice, which was obviously apt. I was responding to the OP's question with a factual, personal (and doctor approved, thank you) account, and for that I was mocked by someone who assumed I was contradicting her and who apparently shoots Hermione Granger. Lesson learned.

i was allowed nuts at 8 weeks, but you should really check with your doctors first. every program is different.