Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok sleeved on the 20th finally got to go home last night. Threw up as soon as I tried to drink Water at home! Walked some then

Went to bed! Woke up at 2 to take the anti nasea meds started dry heaving! Can only get a few ounces of liquid at a time!! Tom going to try some Isopure, to get Protein in!! Ugh any suggestion????

Wondering if you are drinking the Water too fast? Take a small sip and put it away for a couple of minutes and try again. If you can get Protein, that's fine, but hydration is much more important.

If you keep throwing up even with small sips call your doctor, okay? don't try to struggle through. They will be able to help.

Ok sleeved on the 20th finally got to go home last night. Threw up as soon as I tried to drink Water at home! Walked some then

Went to bed! Woke up at 2 to take the anti nasea meds started dry heaving! Can only get a few ounces of liquid at a time!! Tom going to try some Isopure, to get Protein in!! Ugh any suggestion????

I can't drink plain water. It goes down fine when I mix grape mio in it. You might try flavoring yours.

going to try some Isopure, to get Protein in!!

ddw12

reno is right

Water is much more important than Protein at this time

you must stay hydrated!!!

many people successfully drink room temperature Water - goes down easier

sorry you are having issues with dry heaves :angry:

not that this helps much...............

but you only had the sleeve 3 days ago

your tummy is still adjusting - its mad at you for allowing a doc to "cut you up" ;)

give tummy more time to heal

after a few days, "maybe" give doc a call if that will make you feel better

but...........these issues "usually" take care of themselves and get resolved

each day should get better and better :)

God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It!!!!

kathy

good luck

speedy recovery

I too was sleeved on 11/20 I'm doing ok with my liquids I've found that if I take even half of a normal sip, it hurts, so I barely "nibble" at my water! Now that being said I was able to get an entire Premier Protein in in about 3 1/2 hours of just barely sipping! I have to say the Protein Shake hits my tummy way better than the water! I just started working on an Apple&Melon Isopure and that's going ok! Just take your time I heaved for the whole first night into the next! Once they switched my pain meds I stopped! Do you think that could be your case? Also so they have you on any reflux meds? Maybe your tummy just needs a break. But like everyone said I would call your doctor just to be sure, they don't want you to be dehydrated waiting for things to heal! Hang in there, this is not easy! Every thing I do I worry if I'm stretching my new sleeve! Feel free to PM me we can keep in touch!

Thanks everyone! It only happened twice but was miserable when there is nothing in your tummy! I am able to sip the Isopure they sent home but there is no way I'm getting in all my fluids at this point! I'm walking a lot so I figure that is good and farting (tmi) but hey it's getting the air out!