Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating Too Fast

URGH! I continue to do this and hurt EVERY time...I think It's cuz I wait too long to eat and am too hungry...HELP!!! Any suggestions on slowing down? I don't want that app that counts...and I really think I don't realize I'm hungry until too late...does anyone else do this?

I have learned to place my fork down after every bite....It was a pain at first but now it is second nature to me...Also 1/2 way through my meal I put my fork down and rest for a few minutes so that I can listen to my sleeve and feel whether or not I am still hungry....Most of the time...After I wait a few minutes in the middle I push my plate away....

Works for me :)

I have learned to place my fork down after every bite....It was a pain at first but now it is second nature to me...Also 1/2 way through my meal I put my fork down and rest for a few minutes so that I can listen to my sleeve and feel whether or not I am still hungry....Most of the time...After I wait a few minutes in the middle I push my plate away.... Works for me :)

I usually put my fork down...but I will stop in the middle like you said

I have learned to place my fork down after every bite....It was a pain at first but now it is second nature to me...Also 1/2 way through my meal I put my fork down and rest for a few minutes so that I can listen to my sleeve and feel whether or not I am still hungry....Most of the time...After I wait a few minutes in the middle I push my plate away.... Works for me :)

Don't pick your fork back up until all food has been chewed and swallowed...Do not cheat...lol...and pick it up when you think you are about to swallow your food in your mouth!!! It takes getting used...Adapt it to how you need it hun and take your time, enjoy every bite.....The pain will stop if you think about what you are eating and how good it is....You've got this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ma'am:) I will def do this! My kids are constantly saying "MOM!! Eat slower!!" Lol

Thanks ma'am:) I will def do this! My kids are constantly saying "MOM!! Eat slower!!" Lol

Ma'am eh!!!!!!!!! just because I found out today that I am in full blown menopause does not mean that I am a Ma'am...watch it kiddo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahah! I'm southern born and raised! I call EVERYONE ma'am or sir ;-P

Try also a smaller fork and spoon for awhile, I use cocktail ones cause the fork is pointed more than toddler ones. This is training me to take smaller bites in turn longer to eat.

Also maybe set your alarm and have something to eat every 3 hours even if just a small snack so you dont get so hungry. Carry some nuts, Jerky, Protein Bar or something in your purse or car for those times your out and about..good luck it does take time just keep working at it you will do it!

Try also a smaller fork and spoon for awhile, I use cocktail ones cause the fork is pointed more than toddler ones. This is training me to take smaller bites in turn longer to eat. Also maybe set your alarm and have something to eat every 3 hours even if just a small snack so you dont get so hungry. Carry some nuts, Jerky, Protein bar or something in your purse or car for those times your out and about..good luck it does take time just keep working at it you will do it!

Will do. Thanks ma'am:)

Try also a smaller fork and spoon for awhile, I use cocktail ones cause the fork is pointed more than toddler ones. This is training me to take smaller bites in turn longer to eat. Also maybe set your alarm and have something to eat every 3 hours even if just a small snack so you dont get so hungry. Carry some nuts, Jerky, Protein bar or something in your purse or car for those times your out and about..good luck it does take time just keep working at it you will do it!

So if I just had a major case of the hiccups after eating Soup is that a sign that I ate it too fast?

So if I just had a major case of the hiccups after eating Soup is that a sign that I ate it too fast?

Your body tells you when you have eaten to fast or when you are full..You just have to listen to it...Or pay dearly! Some folks like myself sneeze and my nose runs when I have eaten enough...I quit eating when that starts..Others have hiccups for the same reason...Try it again and see if it happens again...If it does you'll know the answer...but I kinda think you already do!!! LOL

Your body tells you when you have eaten to fast or when you are full..You just have to listen to it...Or pay dearly! Some folks like myself sneeze and my nose runs when I have eaten enough...I quit eating when that starts..Others have hiccups for the same reason...Try it again and see if it happens again...If it does you'll know the answer...but I kinda think you already do!!! LOL

Thank you! I'm having problems with this site and can't seem to start a thread or make a comment without it being in response to someone else's comment, is this normal? This is only the first week of my finding this site but it's discouraging since I'm 7 days post sleeve and have lots of questions.

I learned to eat fast in Army basic training over 15 yrs ago. If u didn't eat in 5 mins, u didn't eat. I brought that gem into my everyday life (not the running or pushups, but eating fast). I was banded for 4 yrs before my revision 4 mths ago and I blame my eating too fast for my band slipping. I never learned to slow down thus often vomiting my meal. After 3 yrs, my band had had it.

You'd think I would've learned after that fiasco. I haven't. I still eat way too fast. My husband is even faster than me so when we eat with others, we're done before them and just look around the room

Still working on the slow technique. I'm usually the first one done. But then again, I only eat about 6-8 bites!

Thank you! I'm having problems with this site and can't seem to start a thread or make a comment without it being in response to someone else's comment, is this normal? This is only the first week of my finding this site but it's discouraging since I'm 7 days post sleeve and have lots of questions.

Are you on the mobile site or the computer? The computer version has fewer bugs and may be worth trying.