Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An someone explain to me the food intake right before and then right after the sleeve , is it all just liquid ? And if so what kind ? How can you go from eating 3 meals a day to just drinking ( before the surgery ) ?

Not every surgeon does a long liquid diet prior to surgery. Mine did not. She only required one day of liquids the day before surgery. Otherwise, I was required to lose 5-10 lbs prios to my surgery my own way. I chose to use Protein Drinks, but certainly not full liquids. I feel for those that have to do it prior to surgery, I wouldn't have made it! After surgery I had one week full liquids which wasn't bad at all because I was never hungry and I couldn't have managed to eat anything solid even if I wanted to!

You're going to find this varies from doctor to doctor. I just got my pre-op diet requirements yesterday, and I'll be taking Protein drinks several times a day, as well as eating soft Protein and limited full liquids (yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese, etc.). Some doctors are stricter, apps some doctors don't do any pre-op "diet" at all.<p><p>

We've all been on insanely crazy diets before. It is my opinion that we can all do anything for short amounts of time, particularly if there is a guarantees reward at the end -- like VSG that statistically leads to large amounts of weight loss. I do think, though, that many of us are food addicts and/or have histories of inappropriate relationships with food, and like recovering addicts, we will need to take this journey one day at a time.

Thanks for you inputs.Because i'm not doing very well trying to lose.

My nut said that I'll have three weeks full liquids after surgery. Others only have one or two weeks. Just follow whatever your surgeon says so you don't harm your new tiny tummy.

Everyone is correct my plan vs my husbands plan were totally different.

Pre-op

Me: 3 Protein shakes 2 weeks prior high Protein no-low carb one meal per day day before surgery all Clear Liquids

Hubby: 3 Protein Shakes 2 weeks prior, as many leaf greens he wanted, one meal high protein

Post op:

Me: 3 days Clear Liquids, 28 days full liquids, 2 months soft foods, then begin progressing and adding as sleeve is comfortable

Hubby: 1 day clear liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 month 1 shake a day and whatever soft foods, month 2 eliminate shakes (his doctor wanted him getting his protein from food opposed to supplements)

We are both doing great and followed our doctors plans, with the exception of his post-op he waited a bit longer to progress than one week.

Just get your doctors or nuts (if they work together) plan and follow that, if you have questions ask! They are there for you!