Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricks/Tips foe Nausea?

Ok so I need some help!! I am about 3 1/2 weeks post op and am still having a lot of issues with Nausea!! I will go a few days of being just fine and then will wake up one morning (this morning for example) sick as a dog!! I will take Zofran and other anti-nausea meds but nothing, medicine wise, is helping!! Anyone have any tricks or ideas of things I could do/try to help?? My problem is is when I'm nauseated I do not want to eat or drink anything so I'm sure that makes it worse! So I need things that help get rid of it quick or something I could do regularly to keep from getting nauseated to begin with?!

You need to call and talk with your doctor about this.

Why? Could it be a sign that something is wrong?

Yes it could be, but they should also know you are having a tough time and that meds are not working. Always communicate with your doctors office that is why we pay them.

That kind of nausea may be a symptom of dehydration. Once you get behind on your fluids, it is increasingly difficult to catch up. Know how I know? - just came home from the ER after getting some IV fluids to help me catch back up. Had nausea for 4 days, couldnt eat or drink much... The fluids fixed me up. Call your doc, thats what I did... I wish you well and hope you figure out whats bothering you.

Thank you Brojoe! Dehydration is something in worried about. I know I'm not getting enough fluids! I've been drinking non stop today but haven't eaten much. Just can't beat the nausea today.... If only I could drink normal amounts of Water at a time I'd be better off! I'm keeping track of my symptoms and if I get much worse I may be taking a trip to the ER myself unfortunately! Glad to hear you are doing better and hopefully you stay that way!

Yeah, once you are behind it gets that much harder to catch up. I got to where even drinking Water was uncomfortable, eating was out of the question. IV fluids catch you back up. Before the liter of Fluid is finished, you start feeling better. I was able to drink comfortably this afternoon, and just ate some soup... First thing in two days! If you think you might be dehydrated, don't delay like I did, it only gets worse... And the cure is easy and works fast! Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah I'm at Urgent Care now. I just decided to go ahead and come in because my muscles in my legs and hands have been tingling and tightening up all day today. And my nausea has gotten worse again... Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully they can help me!

Just got home from Urgent Care. I was dehydrated but just the beginning stages. Blood work was good and stomach x-rays looked good, minus me being backed up (sorry I know, TMI). Does anyone know if we can take Miralax? The doctor I saw wants me to start taking it but she said to of course check with my surgeon first. They hooked me up to some fluids and gave me some Zofran through my IV as well. Feeling better now that I've had the fluids, not 100% better but definitely better! She told me to double up on my Zofran when I start to feel nauseous and to push fluids and get as much Fluid as physically possible and not worry about getting my daily Protein or any of that right now cause main focus is getting enough fluids...

Nausea and not wanting to eat were symptoms if my ulcer..just didn't know it. Call your doc.

You know, at first, my "hunger pains" felt a lot like nausea. It came SO fast, and it took about 10 minutes to go away after I started eating. Try eating and see if it helps. Also, don't take meds on an empty stomach. Take meds, and eat immediately after.

Nausea and not wanting to eat were symptoms if my ulcer..just didn't know it. Call your doc.

That's interesting to know. I'm 15 mos out and still battle nausea every few days! The dr is sending me for an EGD to check for an ulcer. I'm just sooooo tired of feeling icky every day!

You're so right! After I read this post I became very sick (about a day or two later). I called my doc who had me come to the ER. They admitted me, gave me fluids and several tests and discovered I too have an ulcer. Now I am home from the hospital and taking Carafate 4X daily and Pepcid 2X a day. Did it take a long time for your ulcer(s) to heal?

You're so right! After I read this post I became very sick (about a day or two later). I called my doc who had me come to the ER. They admitted me' date=' gave me fluids and several tests and discovered I too have an ulcer. Now I am home from the hospital and taking Carafate 4X daily and Pepcid 2X a day. Did it take a long time for your ulcer(s) to heal?[/quote']

I actually bled out pretty badly and got 4 units if blood...I was in the hospital for a week. My ulcer was already healing while I was in the hospital as revealed by egd. It was completely healed by three weeks, but I have to be on protonics forever. I felt much better and was able to eat after five days.