Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you'll think or know about them. I found one that has 42grams Protein

hmmm, I never heard of them. I bet they taste scary lol

What do you'll think or know about them. I found one that has 42grams Protein

I don't profess to know a whole lot about them, however, I do know you should always purchase whey Protein (which we CAN absorb) as opposed to primarily collagen protein (which is an incomplete protein which we CANNOT absorb), regardless if you buy a shot, shake, etc. I've read that if you're going to use a protein shot your best bet is "Yes Whey" and NOT the "New Whey" (or any other brand where the first non-Water ingredient is something other than whey protein). I've also read contradictory reports saying you can only absorb around 30 grams of protein at one time. The majority of info I've read says this is true, however, there are others that believe we can absorb more... I'll have to research it more at some point.

I found the nutrition label for Yes Whey at http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-435130-protica-nutritional-research-yes-whey-rtd-liquid-protein-shot-orange-29-oz .

It does indeed appear that Yes Whey is made with whey isolate Protein. That is a big deal. It is the first and only Protein "shot" or "bullet" that I have ever seen that does not have collagen protein as a primary ingredient. Collagen protein has a digestibility score of 8 out of a possible 100. High amounts of indigestible protein are useless.

Whey isolate has a digestibility score of 100 and at 90%+ protein, is the purest form of protein available. With 25g of protein and 100 calories in 2.9oz - this could be the answer for folks who do not like Protein shakes or powders. Protein has 4 calories per gram so with 25g of protein in these shots, 100% of the 100 calories is protein. Impressive. Has anyone tried these? I would be very interested in hearing how they shape up as far as taste goes!

Whey isolate is made by using a high-tech ultra filtering process which removes almost all of the lactose and fat from whey concentrate. That results in a taste that many find less appealing. But 2.9oz is a very small amount to get down, even if you don't love the taste. An ideal amount (volume wise) for those who are in the first few weeks post-op and limited to about 2-4oz servings. Beyond that, these shots could be a great way to boost anyone's protein intake to your doctor's recommended level.

And to top it off, Yes Whey appears to be competitively priced with comparable ready-to-drink shakes which have almost twice the calories and four times the volume. It looks like Protica Nutritional Research got it right. Very, very interesting!

I found the nutrition label for Yes Whey at http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-435130-protica-nutritional-research-yes-whey-rtd-liquid-protein-shot-orange-29-oz .

It does indeed appear that Yes Whey is made with whey isolate Protein. That is a big deal. It is the first and only Protein "shot" or "bullet" that I have ever seen that does not have collagen protein as a primary ingredient. Collagen protein has a digestibility score of 8 out of a possible 100. High amounts of indigestible protein are useless.

Whey isolate has a digestibility score of 100 and at 90%+ protein' date=' is the purest form of protein available. With 25g of protein and 100 calories in 2.9oz - this could be the answer for folks who do not like protein shakes or powders. Protein has 4 calories per gram so with 25g of protein in these shots, 100% of the 100 calories is protein. Impressive. Has anyone tried these? I would be very interested in hearing how they shape up as far as taste goes!

Whey isolate is made by using a high-tech ultra filtering process which removes almost all of the lactose and fat from whey concentrate. That results in a taste that many find less appealing. But 2.9oz is a very small amount to get down, even if you don't love the taste. An ideal amount (volume wise) for those who are in the first few weeks post-op and limited to about 2-4oz servings. Beyond that, these shots could be a great way to boost anyone's protein intake to your doctor's recommended level.

And to top it off, Yes Whey appears to be competitively priced with comparable ready-to-drink shakes which have almost twice the calories and four times the volume. It looks like Protica Nutritional Research got it right. Very, very interesting![/quote']

Thanks for looking in detail to that right now this has been a life saver for me to get down!!!

Okay, I bit, I just ordered a dozen....I'm sure they'll be like chugging acid but at <3 ounces each....maybe I can suffer through. :/

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199

I haven't tried the one called yes whey but the New Whey is pretty good. Very sweet but good enough to chug it if you have to. . I've just been sipping it.

Okay' date=' I bit, I just ordered a dozen....I'm sure they'll be like chugging acid but at <3 ounces each....maybe I can suffer through. :/

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199[/quote']

Please give us a review when you receive them.

DOS:358 CW:270 SD:1/28/13

Please give us a review when you receive them.

DOS:358 CW:270 SD:1/28/13

Will do! Not expecting too much but again, I can drink that in 3 swallows :P

I haven't tried the one called yes whey but the new whey is pretty good. Very sweet but good enough to chug it if you have to. . I've just been sipping it.

If I'm not mistaken, New Whey is collagen Protein. Very poor quality Protein and all but indigestible. You want to stay away from collagen protein.

You can see the ingredient list for New whey here - http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=YQ-1006#.Ui0TQ33n_Dc .

Note the it says "Hydrolyzed (Predigested) Collagenic Protein" - any ingredient list with collagen (or any derivative of it like "collagenic") is not recommended. 42g of indigestible Protein is still pretty much no Protein at all. Hydrolyzed protein is heated which breaks protein down into "peptide fragments" and further reduces its value.

I was shocked and quite pleased to discover that Yes Whey is made with whey isolate. That I am aware of it, is the first and only "shot" or "bullet" on the market that is not made with collagen protein.

I haven't tried the Yes Whey, but have read they are a little thick, but definitely shoot-able. :)

Happy to introduce you to something new.

ETA: yes, stay away from the New Way... not good stuff for us in terms of digestible Protein.

Well that's good to know then. I won't use that.

I bought some yes whey a while back but still haven't tried it. I've been scared. They are very thick looking and I just know it'll be gross.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ohhhh take one for the team and report back!!!!