Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have so many friends since my journey began, and the friends I have are extremely critical. Has anyone experienced this?

If they are critical, then they are probably not really friends. Stay away from the critical people in your life. I would rather have 2 good friends than 10 lousy ones!

I lost a "friend" after surgery...I was shocked, never thought something like surgery could shake us, but it did...took me a while, but now I know she was never a friend, and I am better off without her in my life....

If people are not happy for you when you improve your life, then they have their own issues. Those kind of people can really drag you down! It's good that you realized that Vicki. I had that happen when I lost all the weight on my own in the past. Yes, it hurts, but you will move past it.

I hate to say this but if she isn't supportive and a real friend, cut ties with her. I had to with a couple friends and even my own sister. It was so hard but I am better off without their rude comments and smart remarks. I even tried to try to mend things with my sister since I found out that I am pregnant but the only thing she seems happy about is that I will gain weight and she even made the comment "you had surgery just to get fat again." Comment hurt but all I keep saying is Karma is a b$!% #

HW:331 SW:319 11-26-12 CW: 196 8-16-13 GW:170

So sorry Heather, go forward with a healthy pregnancy, and then show them that your wt loss is a life style change, and not a passing fad.....good luck to you and congratulations on your little one....

Yes Lisa, I agree....This also happened with a previous weight loss, and it has been 2 1/2 yrs...the funny thing is, I live in a subdivision on a cul-de-sac, and she live right next door, our yards touch....and we dont speak...lol...Oh well, such is life...

So sorry Heather' date=' go forward with a healthy pregnancy, and then show them that your wt loss is a life style change, and not a passing fad.....good luck to you and congratulations on your little one....[/quote']

Thank you so much. I've proved her wrong already and loved shoving it in her face and I can't wait to again. I'm not usually the person that does that but she deserves it.

HW:331 SW:319 11-26-12 CW: 196 8-16-13 GW:170

That is pure jealousy when someone does that to you Heather. It's her problem, not yours.

If they are critical' date=' then they are probably not really friends. Stay away from the critical people in your life. I would rather have 2 good friends than 10 lousy ones![/quote']

Thank you for the positive feedback. Just thought it was me. I really appreciate you. This forum has been very helpful.

I lost 1 friend. A dear friend (or so I thought).

I have a quote that I look at all the time, " a true friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out"....so true~~~

I've lost a friend or so. One because I just don't know where the gumption to call me a "cheater" came from with her. Never expected that. Needless to say living my life positively had no place for her or the constant

Comments. Happier and better off I suppose.

I used to be one of those people that thought gastric bypass was cheating too and that "those" people were weak. Turns out it has saved my life. And if I ended up losing a few friends because of it and they think I took the easy way out then so be it. This is a hard ass journey surround yourself with non judgemental people

date of surgery 02/21/12 surgery weight 340 lbs. current weight 146 lbs