Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any true veterans on here? I immediately went to the veterans forum here but the definition there is "6 months or more". In wls circles a veteran is typically defined as anyone 2 years out or more. So it makes me wonder I'd there are any log timers here at all?

Anyway, glad to find this forum. More than Willing to help any newbies, meet new friends :-)

I'm 7 years out of rny, teacher and Canadian.

Thanks for having me!

Dawn

post-36224-13813812433165_thumb.jpg

Wow! You look great! Glad to see wls surgery success stories! You're an inspiration! Hope you find some veterens.

I'm far from being veteran, but I just wanted to say your pic inspires me. I'm just 4 days out& scared as hell. I hope I'm as successful as you. Congrats

You look awesome! :-)

Are there any true veterans on here? I immediately went to the veterans forum here but the definition there is "6 months or more". In wls circles a veteran is typically defined as anyone 2 years out or more. So it makes me wonder I'd there are any log timers here at all?

Anyway' date=' glad to find this forum. More than Willing to help any newbies, meet new friends :-)

I'm 7 years out of rny, teacher and Canadian.

Thanks for having me!

Dawn[/quote']

Hi Dawn, I went to your website, I loved the information, good stuff, you look absolutely wonderful. Reading your story I feel like I know you and your family, I love hearing from people that are far out like yourself. Thanks for taking time to share your journey.

Aww thanks everyone. Thanks for the nice words. I run a support group and am

Very passionate about wls. If I can ever help you in your journey, let me know :-).

Aww thanks everyone. Thanks for the nice words. I run a support group and am

Very passionate about wls. If I can ever help you in your journey' date=' let me know :-).[/quote']

Can you give me your link to your website? I am not a long timer for RNY but I am for wls. I had the lapband for five years before being revised to RNY almost three weeks ago. I am amazed how different this procedure is compared to the band.

Welcome to the group & wishing my success will last forever. Im 1 year 1 month out

Before I ask you a million question I will view your site.

Ask away. I love questions. :-)

:)

Thanks here it goes. I did view your site but there is many parts and couldn't find the latest post.

I'm extremely happy for you first of all.

Have you gain any weight at all even if you manage to lose it in the 7 years?

Have you gotten preggo during the 7 years?

Can you eat more then ever or do you limit your food intake?

Do you exercise?

Have you had any plastic surgery?

How do you feel now compare to 7 years ago body wise health wise mentally physically?

My webpage documents my first year out only.

}Have you gain any weight at all even if you manage to lose it in the 7 years?

Oh boy! It is incredibly easy to gain weight. At one point, I was up 27 lbs! I worked really hard and lost it. Right now I'm up 8 lbs so I'm back to working it off again. It's way harder to lose now

{Have you gotten preggo during the 7 years?

No

{Can you eat more then ever or do you limit your food intake?

I can eat a lot if left to my own devices. I still need to use journalling to keep the weight off and to lose. I have to account for every bite. It's too easy to eat mindlessly. That's what gets me in trouble.

{Do you exercise?

I am extremely active. Mostly walking. 3 miles is a slow exercise day for me.

{Have you had any plastic surgery?

None. I've lost 140 lbs or so. I've learned to live with my wrinkles. I'm 42.

{How do you feel now compare to 7 years ago body wise health wise mentally physically?

Physically awesome. Health is awesome. I have some issues like osteopenia, reactive hypoglycemia and anemia but they are easily managed. To not get out of breath by simple tasks, to shop in normal stores, etc is wonderful.

Body image is totally screwed up

Dawn

My webpage documents my first year out only.

}Have you gain any weight at all even if you manage to lose it in the 7 years?

Oh boy! It is incredibly easy to gain weight. At one point' date=' I was up 27 lbs! I worked really hard and lost it. Right now I'm up 8 lbs so I'm back to working it off again. It's way harder to lose now

{Have you gotten preggo during the 7 years?

No

{Can you eat more then ever or do you limit your food intake?

I can eat a lot if left to my own devices. I still need to use journalling to keep the weight off and to lose. I have to account for every bite. It's too easy to eat mindlessly. That's what gets me in trouble.

{Do you exercise?

I am extremely active. Mostly walking. 3 miles is a slow exercise day for me.

{Have you had any plastic surgery?

None. I've lost 140 lbs or so. I've learned to live with my wrinkles. I'm 42.

{How do you feel now compare to 7 years ago body wise health wise mentally physically?

Physically awesome. Health is awesome. I have some issues like osteopenia, reactive hypoglycemia and anemia but they are easily managed. To not get out of breath by simple tasks, to shop in normal stores, etc is wonderful.

Body image is totally screwed up

Dawn[/quote']

Thanks for your honest reply. I love that about you straight up. My body image is screw so I must have plastic surgery which hubby is paying for half of it. I figure I can live like thus once the 1st 50 pounds melted away but my ass went flat & wrinkle then my boobs not flat but deflated & saggy so sexually I feel unattractive & it's making me reject hubby but he does want me & actually says good things about my body but I don't see it. He doesn't like my flat butt but he is learning to deal with it as I go threw changes but he also feels if having plastic surgery will make me feel better then I should do it but he is not in agreement with it. I want to wear a bikini that is decent not that the world is gonna see my cuca or a top that shows all my boobs. I want to be comfortable in my skin & I can live with scars but not with wrinkles & saggy skin. Now when my time comes over 40/50/60 plus and I age and get wrinkles on my face so be it but it will come naturally but not at age 34 I feel very young to be saggy at this age. So I'm going to have a total body make over & hope for the best. Only once the rest will be up to me to keep my body in good shape. I wanna wear the lingerie in my new body. I want to have clothes I don't have to wear shape wear to keep the folded tummy suck in.

Even with all my complains I admire you girl you did it. You look great! It's 7 years you made it work for you & that's what I want to do for me. I want to be a success if a life time. Over 10 years and I know impossible not to regain but possible to lose & continue to have a healthy life style. That's how I want to be. I didn't go threw 3 hours if surgery to screw it up then spend over 20,000 in plastic surgery to regain & get fat again. No way! I'm gonna make it work for me & stay active. I know I can do it.

I am a 13 months out and need a little help I started at 310 and am now 154 I want to be 145 or less and advice on how to lose this last 10 lbs I eat healthy go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week help :)