Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, today I am 7 weeks post op and I have lost 34 pounds. 20 pounds from 12/11/12 to my 3 week appointment on 1/2/13. 14 pounds pre op. I have lost NOTHING since my 3 week appointment. I am really starting to wonder why I did this to myself. I was losing 10-12 pounds alone before surgery. Now, NOTHING. I am angry and sad. I know that the weight didn't come on overnight, but I was expecting to see SOME weight lost each week. Nothing. I don't know what else to do. I am following my surgeons recomendations and taking Vitamins and getting enough Water. Is my pouch broken? How can I not be losing? I am getting between 500-900 calories a day. I walk 3 miles a day plus do just dance with my kids for 30 minutes everynight. Any one else have this issue? Please tell me that I didn't waste my time and that I will see my goal weight? :(

You are going to get there. Your body will work at its own speed. I know its hard not to see the results, but you might be shedding the inches right now

First I will say been there done that!! One month post op I was crying in my docs office and hated every minute of everyday. I hated hearing just wait it will get better. However trust me this saying is true!

If you follow the plan you will lose the weight. Remover we are all different and our bodies are different. Couple of suggestions for you:

Your body is still in shock it needs time to adjust to everything.

Make sure you are getting your Protein and Water in.

Stay on target with your exercise

Stop weighing yourself all the time - trust me I know this is hard.

Finally every time I have had a stall I still lost inches.

Keep your spirits high the weight will come off!!

I am pre-op and keep seeing how people stall, etc. I am not the most patient person, and I am sure you will all hear from me in the next few months. Just sayin... Please let us know how you are.

I know how you feel!

A lot of people stall around 3-4 week post op. I had that one last a week and a half and then another that lasted about 4 weeks

A lot of people stall around 3-4 week post op. I had that one last a week and a half and then another that lasted about 4 weeks

Oh and I am 3 months post op

First I will say been there done that!! One month post op I was crying in my docs office and hated every minute of everyday. I hated hearing just wait it will get better. However trust me this saying is true!

If you follow the plan you will lose the weight. Remover we are all different and our bodies are different. Couple of suggestions for you:

Your body is still in shock it needs time to adjust to everything.

Make sure you are getting your Protein and Water in.

Stay on target with your exercise

Stop weighing yourself all the time - trust me I know this is hard.

Finally every time I have had a stall I still lost inches.

Keep your spirits high the weight will come off!!

This is true we all have Stalls or Plateaus it happens to everyone, so many people get Fixated on this and lose sight of everything! Me I'm thinking health wise not so much the Number (but that is a +) The scale is a Big Distraction to People!.

This is true we all have Stalls or Plateaus it happens to everyone' date=' so many people get Fixated on this and lose sight of everything! Me I'm thinking health wise not so much the Number (but that is a +) The scale is a Big Distraction to People!.[/quote']

I think this is very true towards the end of your journey. I have really stepped up my workouts and I am trying to put muscle back on. Muscle weighs more than fat and it will be only natural that my weight will increase as I get more and more serious about lifting weights.

I still notice a drop in sizes. In fact I have gained and lost the same 10 pounds for the past month, but in that month I have gone from a size 14 pants to a size 10.

People keep asking me how more are you wanting to lose, and I usually say when my body is satisfied. 150 was always my goal weight, and I never thought about my size goal. I am happy to say that I am about 10 away from goal weight, but my size has exceeded my expectations.

I was in the exact same boat you are in. My surgery was the day after yours 12-12-12, I lost a lot of weight and then not a pound for almost 3 wks, I cried and wondered why I did this to myself, now a week and a half later, I am down atleast 6 pounds ( haven't weighed since Monday ). I changed a couple things, I made sure I was getting 800 calories and 60 grams of Protein everyday. I also stopped stepping on the scale every day, it feels really good to see a bigger number when I'm only weighing once a week. Keep your head up and stay strong, we can do this...if u ever need to talk, u can message me, our surgery dates are so close :-)

Same here! At my 6 week appointment I cried my eyes out. I hadn't lost any weight. I had gained muscle and lost fat percentage but I was devastated. I'm now 3 months out (well I will be as of 2/5) and have lost a total of 46 pounds. It will come, it may not seem like it now but soon you'll see it start to melt away. Keep your head up!

I had a stall for about 3 weeks, I had surgery 11-5 and I thought I was meant to stay at or around 200 pounds for the rest of my life, but I've lost 59 pounds since surgery and t might be slow, but it's worth it!!!! For sure!!!!! Good luck doll!!